PDA

View Full Version : Toro WB's??

Adam's Lawn and Garden
07-08-2006, 03:06 AM
Hey,

I was going to buy an exmakr rider but decided to get a wb instead. i was looking at the 19 hp 52" turf tracer hp. Today though i tried a Toro Fixed deck Gear drive turbo force with 15 hp and 48". It was nice, i was thinking about getting the floating but they're not turbo force. What should i get? are Toro's good?

Thanks,

Adam

MTR
07-08-2006, 03:11 AM
The productivity of 48/15 gear walk is a joke compared to a Z. WB is not suitable for use as primary mower, the Z kill all.

sildoc
07-08-2006, 03:37 AM
The productivity of 48/15 gear walk is a joke compared to a Z. WB is not suitable for use as primary mower, the Z kill all.
While this is true for wide open mowing the walk has its place. You can fit a walk where you cant fit a Z. A walk will take a steeper angle as opposed to the Z. A walk will fit under low hanging branches with out knocking you off.
Now like I say a Z will out run a walk and cut more acreage in wide open mowing but they all have their places.
Now I would have a hydro in a walk period. No belt period.

TheLawnBarber
07-08-2006, 03:38 AM
Please get the Turf Tracer. I've purchaed a Metro 36 with Ecs its the shi*. Ecs has to be the most inovative control system on the market.

nobagger
07-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Why is a w/b not a suitable mower for a primary machine?
We only have w/b's, But yeah Z's crush a w/b in productivity in the right area! We mow 2 upscale homes right next to each other and down 3 houses there is a company that uses a Z turn and believe or not we beat them using a w/b on each of the lawns while their farting around with trying to maneuver this 60 Lazer around tight turns and trees etc. So w/b's have their place.

topsites
07-08-2006, 10:07 AM
<- pwner snip ->

LawnTamer
07-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Get the T-bar, you'll love it, With a T-bar you get hydro productivity with a belt price and low maintenance costs. As for which size, I guess that depends on your lawns.

ProStreetCamaro
07-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Oh boy here we go again on the WB VS ZTR debate.

Sure the WB can be used every where but no matter the situation other than a steep slope a ZTR will win. It all comes down to the operator of the ZTR. We use to have nothing but WB's and our lawns are any where from 5K to 2 acres. Most of them are around 14-18K in size which is just an average size lawn. As soon as we got ZTR's our productivity went up and operator fatigue went down. We now own only 1 WB and it only gets used on 1 lawn and thats only because they request we use the WB. So out of 70 reidentials we use the WB on 1 lawn and we CAME from nothing but WB's. Check my sig for my equipment.

MTR
07-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Why is a w/b not a suitable mower for a primary machine?
We only have w/b's, But yeah Z's crush a w/b in productivity in the right area! We mow 2 upscale homes right next to each other and down 3 houses there is a company that uses a Z turn and believe or not we beat them using a w/b on each of the lawns while their farting around with trying to maneuver this 60 Lazer around tight turns and trees etc. So w/b's have their place.

You just seen LCO who has not enough experience on a Z...there is no match between the two. period. In this life time, I wasted almost 4 years toiling with eXmark both gear & hydro walk, well it established my biz but my Z is the one who push my bank and volume without getting beaten up by wb.
99% of LCO in my area need Z to make real money. WB is only only for hill and wet area. We save so much time running Z that we can use those extra time available to do extra things for accounts and that pay off.
Sure, you like your walk but I take Z any time, I still run my TTHP on 3 accounts that have hill as their backyards, and that all it is.

TriCountyLawn
07-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Far as the WB vs. Z-turn debate, A wb is good on hills and can fit places a z-turn cant.

I would get a Toro over an Exmark cause of the T-bar controls are far better then the ECS controls.

REALSLOW
07-08-2006, 11:39 PM
T bars are for girls who don't know how to run mowers, I must admit the T
bar hydro Toro WB works way better than the T bar belt drive WB. As a hydro it works good but as a belt drive it is for rookies and a belt pistol will stomp it!

After using a 52" WB toro with the offset deck I have boycotted Toro for a life time, any body who thinks that was an exceptible design is high on crack and was probably smoking with the engineers who designed it! :hammerhead: :hammerhead: