PDA

View Full Version : Thieves

anj
07-08-2006, 08:25 AM
Hey Guys Just Wanted To Remind You All To Keep Your Stuff Locked.
I Got Taken For 2k Of My Equipment A Few Weeks Ago. I Think Theses Guys Are Following Lcos Into Their Work Area And Waiting For You To Get Out Of Site Of Your Stuff. I Was Doing A Property The Other Day And A Lco Came Down The Street As We Were Getting Out Of The Truck. They Blew At Us As We Were Unloading Equipment. It Took About 45 Mins To Do This Property I Did The Back While My Helper Mowed The Front. As We Unloaded The Trailer I Pulled My 60" Out To Get To The 36" And 21" And Left The 60" At The Trailer Door. I Figured I Would Leave The Door Open Since One Of Us Would Be In View Of The Trailer And My Helper Could Go Back And Get A Weedeater Or Blower When He Needed It. I Tried To Time My Cutting And Weedeating Of The Back To Be Done By The Time He Was Done Cutting The Front. As I Was Headed To The Front He Was Walking Around The Back Blowing And I Stopped And Said Something To Him For Just A Second. In That Short Time Him Walking To The Back And The Passing Word Who Has Pulled Up To My Trailer? That Lco That Passed By While We Were Unloading. He Is At A Complete Stop Just At The Back Of My Trailer Door Looking At Three Mowers And Everything Inside Of The Trailer. He Is Still Sitting Inside Of The Cab Of His Npr But He Is Trying To Get Hector His Helper To Get Out Of The Passenger Side. As I Make It Around The Coner Of The House I Yell At Him And He Trys To Play It Off By Rolling Down The Window Asking If I Need Some Help. I Told Him I Did Not Need His Help And The Best Thing For Him To Do Is Go On Down The Street. Can You Imagine What Would Have Happend If I Had Came Around The House A Little Slower. I Probably Would Have Caught Them In The Act. Needless To Say I Give My Helper A Key To The Trailer Everyday Now So He Can Get What He Needs But The Door Is Closed And Locked At Every Location Now. It makes me mad to know that people doing the same work as you would still from you.

Lawnmedics
07-10-2006, 11:46 AM
I was hit for the second time in two years. They cut my locks and got everything they could in a shortperiod of time. The police told me that I was third Lawn Service hit in two weeks in our area. So now my hekper and I pretty much have to make sure someone is standing gaurd or in sight of my trailer. Be careful out there.