PDA

View Full Version : Leather Care??

grassmanak
07-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Just wondering some good ways to care for leather are, my leather has really been cracking lately and would like to fix it.

tthomass
07-08-2006, 11:59 PM
leather seats? truck?...........go to w-mart or advanced, several brands for protection/softening etc

as for tears/repaires, go to a upolstry* shop

grassmanak
07-09-2006, 12:43 AM
i have a product, cant remember the name, should i just apply several coats to it?

sildoc
07-09-2006, 12:55 AM
i have a product, cant remember the name, should i just apply several coats to it?
Hello???? READ the directions on the bottle. All are different. Simple questions, Simple answers. You are asking a bunch of guys that landscape, mow and clean gutters a detailing questions for a vehicle.

Scag48
07-09-2006, 03:09 AM
If it's cracked, you can't fix it without having to reupholster, all you can do is slow it down. Once it's cracked, you're pretty much screwed, but applying any good leather conditioner will definately slow down additional wear, but it's inevitable at some point. I use Meguiar's Gold Class in my Audi, works pretty well. Armor All sucks, don't buy that crap, it's only a couple more bucks for the good stuff. Meguiar's or Mothers is good stuff, maybe Eagle One.

What I would do if I was you is condition that leather like none other, then go down town and buy some seat covers. That'll keep the sun off and add some padding to seats so the leather doesn't get pounded and continue to crack and split.

tylermckee
07-09-2006, 03:37 AM
Skin yourself and recover your seats

bugspit
07-09-2006, 06:00 AM
LEXOL http://workingperson.com/products/85_101/1/972/Lexol_Leather_Conditioner.html?source=ov

pottstim
07-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Try Duragloss Leather Dressing. It's a great product. My folks have owned a '96 Chevy Blazer since it was new, and the the leather seats have not cracked or worn from using Duragloss. Check out this link:
http://www.duragloss.com/catalog.asp?catid=93

Tim

tthomass
07-09-2006, 02:40 PM
i second Meguiar's.......all i use...........good stuff