PDA

View Full Version : lawn stripers

lawncare18
07-09-2006, 01:09 AM
Guys... I wana rig something up for my quick36 to make even darker stripes.. anyone have any pictures of striping kits they have custum built using lengths of chain or old truck mud flaps? Thanks in advance... I think I rem seing some on here who built there own... Hope all of you are gona buy a quick36... great mowers...

K.Carothers
07-09-2006, 01:42 AM
topsites has built his own.

Do a search under his name and it will come up.

kc

prostriper
07-09-2006, 08:43 AM
Better equipment has a bolt on roller you can purchase. Rollers generaly do a better job so I'd go with that.

joshlawn
07-09-2006, 09:21 AM
Better Outdoor Products (http://www.betteroutdoorproducts.com/index.asp?page=ProductDetails&Item=ACC-0009) does indeed have a good roller like "prostriper" said, but be forewarned they post this warning, "NOTE: This product is NOT for use in creating fake crop circles." LoL:hammerhead: :dizzy:

6'7 330
07-09-2006, 09:55 AM
The roller from better is a bigleaguelawns roller.

Check bigleagues price for it at www.bigleaguelawns.com

Dashunde
07-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Drill a couple of holes in the back of your deck and make sure the bolt heads wont interfere with your blade tips, use 2 matched lengths of 1-2"wide x 1/4" thick flat bar steel - match all of your holes up and sandwich a 1/2" thick heavy truck mud flap between the steel bars.
Set the depth so that it rides 1/2" above the concrete (at your favorite lowest cutting height) when you assemble it all.
It's cheap, simple, and ultra-durable.

My first bar is welded in by the factory, but the bolts go all the way through anyway.