PDA

View Full Version : Ok This is a Really Dumb Fall Clean Up ?

Landscape89
07-09-2006, 03:32 PM
I know in this industry the phrase "Time is Money" is 100% true. I try to be as quick as I can esp when it comes to Clean Up.. But I take a LONG time to finish. When I do Fall Clean Up.. I Use the Backpack On the Lawn so There is no leaves left. A lot of people tell me instead of doing this.. Get the Heavy Leaves up and then just go over what you missed with the mower. Can you guys tell me what you do during Fall Clean Up?
:help:

Thanks,
SH

richarfg
07-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Sean,
I use an Agri-fab Lawn Sweeper to pick up those leaves. I'm reluctant to mulch leaves for return to the soil because the leaves are acidic (tanic). I don't believe the composition changes. This is just my opinion, and I certainly don't know it all...someone else may feel differently.

Freddy

Rickco
07-09-2006, 10:05 PM
Check out Cyclone rake. This is my 2nd year with mine and I love it!

richarfg
07-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Thanks Ricko!
I just bought a Cyclone myself! I've been looking for something that would work better!

dcondon
07-10-2006, 11:10 PM
why don't you blow the leaves out around the building and beds and have a vac system on your mower. That's what you need if you want to save time. Some lawns you may be able to just mulch. That saves even more time. JMO:dancing: