PDA

View Full Version : Best system for locking up equipment?

LawnBrother
07-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Has anyone else noticed that there has been an awful lot of threads on here about equipment getting stolen recently? (even more than usual) This got me to thinking, what is the BEST way to lock up your stuff? I use 3/8" plastic covered braided steel cable ran through a hole drilled in my bed rail and a round "disk" type lock that a boltcutter can't get through, and my boltcutters would not cut through the braided cable (although my boltcutters aren't that great anyway, they DO work on chain and padlocks). The cable is about 7' and can be run through any mower or equipment that is in the back of the truck. I have not had anything stolen in 3 years. Anyone have better systems or materials for locking their stuff when on a job?

Fantasy Lawns
07-10-2006, 04:49 PM
The best way too lock up your stuff is to have a storage area .... bring everything inside ....lock the door ....set the alarm ....let the 2 guard dogs out too roam the yard which is surrounded by 6' tall chain link with barb wire

mcwlandscaping
07-10-2006, 04:57 PM
The best way too lock up your stuff is to have a storage area .... bring everything inside ....lock the door ....set the alarm ....let the 2 guard dogs out too roam the yard which is surrounded by 6' tall chain link with barb wire
your own private compound!

Fantasy Lawns
07-10-2006, 05:09 PM
It's not new ... but it's paid fore ....n my tenant is a great guy his gf has it real nice in side n they take care of the dogs on weekend this is a commercial area so it's dead .....nice too have someone living there