PDA

View Full Version : Tracking on Belt-Driven Mowers

SSS 18734
07-10-2006, 04:51 PM
I have a 34" Gravely Pro-G Walkbehind mower. It's a great machine and is belt driven, but it slightly veers to the left. I looked through the owners manual, but all it says about it is "Adjust Tracking." I've made sure tire pressure in both tires is equal and I tried tightening the brakes, but I only know how to tighten them on the controls, which does nothing for the tracking.

How do I adjust the tracking so that it goes straight?

Restrorob
07-10-2006, 05:03 PM
You can go here; http://messageboard.gravely.com/Mhome and enter your model number to down-load a service manual.

MowerMedic77
07-10-2006, 05:26 PM
How old is this unit? Since you have already checked the tire pressure the side drive belts and pulleys would be the next thing I would check if this unit is very old the belts maybe stretched and the pulleys may have excessive wear.

SSS 18734
07-10-2006, 05:31 PM
How old is this unit? Since you have already checked the tire pressure the side drive belts and pulleys would be the next thing I would check if this unit is very old the belts maybe stretched and the pulleys may have excessive wear.

It's basically brand new. It was purchased last summer, the person who used it put about 20 hours of use on it. And i've put another 30 hours or so on it since I bought it a month ago. There is no excessive wear on it.

barnard
07-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Increase tire pressure on the side it pulls too. Even with equal pressure the tire circumference can vary. Think stock car and tire stagger. keep playing with the pressures til it tracks straight.