PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Triton.....................

Cigarcop
07-10-2006, 06:21 PM
I purchased a new 60" Exmark with the new Triton deck two weeks ago and I'm glad to say the dealer took it back no hassle. I'll be getting a Scag with the velocity deck.
I have all exmark equipment and am very satisfied, but that new mower dosen't discharge at all, if I have to double cut every yard to get rid of the clippings I'll certainly be losing money. I will say that it cut nice but it also had many draw backs as far as I'm concerned. My Ultra cut decks will throw clippings almost two and a half rows. The Triton with the chute open all the way only one row.....no good. Thank god I have a great dealer!!!!

Buckeye1
07-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Just curious, why didn't you close the baffle if you wanted to throw the clippings farther?

D and H Seasonal Services
07-10-2006, 10:00 PM
who is your dealer??

J&R Landscaping
07-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Ahhh, Another UNSATISFIED TRITON CUSTOMER....................

Cigarcop
07-10-2006, 10:56 PM
Ahhh, Another UNSATISFIED TRITON CUSTOMER....................

Not anymore!!!!!!!!

mcwlandscaping
07-10-2006, 11:03 PM
even my trivantage deck will discharge 2.5 rows easy!!

Audrey
07-11-2006, 12:10 AM
You won't be disappointed with the Scag. Just be sure to get enough power. IMHO, the 27 Kohler was underpowered.

I just got the 35hp/61" deck. Very happy camper indeed! :)

A

tacoma200
07-11-2006, 12:16 AM
Trivantage deck sounds good but remember there are alot of 05 Exmarks still on the sales floor with the Ultra Cut. You should be able to bargin with last years models. Or the Hustler. I think Exmark will fix the problems but they sure are quiet about it. I know my mower will throw clippings at least 3 deck withs on a dry day.

DLS1
07-11-2006, 07:23 AM
I never buy a new or redesigned product the first year. Wait a year for the bugs to be worked out and then buy it if it works okay.

David Grass
07-11-2006, 08:26 AM
what is the deal with throwing clippings "far". I guess that is supposed to be better for dispersal? Not always tho, I have a Hustler that throws very far, and mows beautifully, but my Walker side discharge does not throw far at all, and it mows beautifully. If it is wet, the Walker actually does a better job, because it will not clump like the faster tip speed, far throwing Hustler deck (54 W/B).

tacoma200
07-11-2006, 10:38 AM
what is the deal with throwing clippings "far". I guess that is supposed to be better for dispersal? Not always tho, I have a Hustler that throws very far, and mows beautifully, but my Walker side discharge does not throw far at all, and it mows beautifully. If it is wet, the Walker actually does a better job, because it will not clump like the faster tip speed, far throwing Hustler deck (54 W/B).
It seems to make a difference in thick fescue but maybe not so much in Southern grasses. I'm sure there are exeptions but there is such a volume of grass per sq ft in this area (and it holds alot of moisture) that this seems to work better for me to spread them out as far as possible. No one mulches here.

wherebluegrassgrows
07-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Trivantage deck sounds good but remember there are alot of 05 Exmarks still on the sales floor with the Ultra Cut. You should be able to bargin with last years models. Or the Hustler. I think Exmark will fix the problems but they sure are quiet about it. I know my mower will throw clippings at least 3 deck withs on a dry day.
Where?????? none of the dealers in louisville have any. I been looking for two months.

TLS
07-12-2006, 05:53 PM
who is your dealer??

I'm going to guess Passmore.

Great dealer!

tacoma200
07-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Where?????? none of the dealers in louisville have any. I been looking for two months.
Just called my dealer and they sold out of 05 models. The AS series still has the Ultra Cut.

Cigarcop
07-12-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm going to guess Passmore.

Great dealer!

You got it!

lasher66
07-12-2006, 10:20 PM
Wow, my Triton throws grass 2.5 rows easily. I just love the inconsistency on the Triton. One person says it cuts like crap and throws far, the next person says it cuts great and wont throw at all. My Triton is cutting great and dispersing the clippings awesome. I had one small problem with the blades getting wore down after about 120 hrs , but I replaced them and now it cuts awesome again. Exmark is going to have a hard time finding the problem if everyone is having conflicting reports.

Jason

kc2006
07-13-2006, 12:05 AM
my triton discharged great, it actually had so much force in the discharge that i built the electric OCDC because I was throwing grass in beds and into the middle of the street even with 2 perimeter passes!!! But the problem was the quality of cut. I must say when they switched me to 2 low lift and 1 high lift, my discharge went out the door, it wouldnt throw 1 row over.

iluvscag
07-13-2006, 12:59 AM
AHAHAH I love seeing all these junk exmark posts. Finally people are seeing the light SCAG. Now we need them to get sponsorship on Lawnsite.

woodworx2773
07-13-2006, 01:13 AM
AHAHAH I love seeing all these junk exmark posts. Finally people are seeing the light SCAG. Now we need them to get sponsorship on Lawnsite.

Which Scag are you running?

ToroLandscaper
07-13-2006, 04:00 AM

Not to get the thread off subject...but when did scags new velocity deck come out?