PDA

View Full Version : Sendec Tach / Hour Unit

JamesGarfield
07-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Had a little oopsie in my trailer in which the SENDEC Tach/Hour meter on one of my mowers got trashed. I plan to replace it, but is there any way that the new one can be 'preprogrammed' to show the proper number of hours that the old one was showing?

Thanks,
James

Splicer
07-10-2006, 09:21 PM
....No.....actually you could just connect the new meter to an old motor and lett it run...but why waste the gas???

Daneman
07-11-2006, 11:02 AM
If it were me, I would just write on my machine right next to the hour meter the hours on the old meter, then just add them. Especially if you had a bunch of hours on it, it could take a long time to bring it back up to the correct time.

mike lane lawn care
07-11-2006, 11:56 AM
what type of machine is it? if i replaced the hour meter on my broadmoor, i would just have to leave the key in the on position, with the engine OFF until it reached the hours needed, on a well seasoned machine this could take a while, but would work. but if you are talking about a pull start unit, them perhaps hooking it up to a 12v power supply, but i am not sure of that.

PowerEquipmentWarehouse
07-11-2006, 01:47 PM
There is no easy way to "preprogram" a Sendec. The suggestions above are the only way it will show use. I would recommend just notating the replacement in that machine's log and use the new numbers. If you want to calculate actual use, just add the new numbers to the final reading from the broken sendec. It's good to see that you monitor the hours, though. Too many people just guess when to do maintenance....Mike