PDA

View Full Version : Cub Cadet

sefh
07-10-2006, 10:58 PM
I was at my local TSC and saw that they had a Cub Cadet Zero Turn 50" deck for $2999.00. I was wondering if this is a good mower for 3 acres and if there is any problems with them.

newz7151
07-11-2006, 12:34 AM
Should last you for a year or two maybe once a week. Try to break your 3 acres up into 2 1 1/2 sections. Mow one in the morning, and the other in the evening. That way the little mower can rest during the heat of the day so it is not in the shop all the time.

DJL50
07-11-2006, 01:02 AM
I have two plus acres to mow at my home. I can tell you with experience that a mower built like the Cubs TSC sells I would destroy in less than two years. The deck would be trash. Don't figure me as a bigger is better kind of guy. I tend to buy middle of the road stuff. I like to save a buck just like everyone else. I have a large Cub dealer close to me and they said Don't even look at the low end models for my 2 acres. You are mowing three right? The sales rep told me the model you are looking at you should only consider it for a house in town (small lot) something you could do with a push/self propelled mower but just want a ZTR. Before you buy a CUB at TSC go to a dealer and look at the better CUBS or another brand ZTR and you will see how cheap the TSC cubs are built.
Myself I purchased a Toro Estate model 19hp Kaw with 52" deck for $5,699. Took me like two month to drop that kind of money but glad I did. Toro also makes another Estate model that is 18hp 48" deck for $4,999. The decks on the Toro estate is made from 7gage metal. That is about 1/4" thick.

T.Wells
07-12-2006, 08:48 PM
I was at my local TSC and saw that they had a Cub Cadet Zero Turn 50" deck for $2999.00. I was wondering if this is a good mower for 3 acres and if there is any problems with them.

I have last years version of the RZT50 which has the 22hp briggs engine instead of the Kawasaki in the 2006 model. I spent $3000 on the machine and have had not problems with the mower itself on my 1.5 acre lot. However, I do wish that I had spent more on a better grade ZTR. The extra 2-grand wouldn't have hurt me so much and I would have felt better that my mower would last me much longer. If possible, try to save some extra cash and look at the Toros, eXemarks, hustlers, Cub Cadet Tanks, or other commercial grade machine.

Just my 2-cents.

toddnks
07-21-2006, 02:15 AM
The deck is really the weak component. I recently saw at the farm store a 48" cub like that with a fabricated deck. Not as deep as a comercial deck, but I think it might last a little better.

I mow 5 acres, and have a 72" Tank, this year so far I have 30 hours on it. My brother-in-law bought a mower simular to what you are looking at last year right at the begining of season, and has 125 or so hours on his. His also has had 1 spindle replaced. We both are mowing 5 acres.
Todd