PDA

View Full Version : MSRP vs. Actual Price

Turtle II
07-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Hey,,,

Hope everyone is doing well and having a great summer.

I have been reading on and off here for a few years, this site is great.
I am finally getting ready to be done working for uncle sam.
It would figure just when I am ready to buy my first Z, both leading manufactures, IMO, come out with new decks the very same year.

I was undecided between exmark and hustler and leaning towards exmark.
With all the problems I see concerning the new exmark deck, it has tilted the scales for me to go with Hustler.

Can I get some knowledge / opinions concerning price.

If this is the posted MSRP,
Super Z, 25HP Kawasaki / 52", SUSP seat. SZ25KAW52SSA (926972) $10,099

What should I expect the actual out the door price to be???
Knock about 2 grand off this price shown???

More / Less ???

I hope some old pro's out there can chime in with some guidance on this for me.

Been saving hard the past few years,
Got my rig and a small trailer, all the hand tools and gadgets, now I just need to finish this last piece of the puzzle...

Attached is pic of my set-up so far,
I guess I really was leaning towards exmark,,, (red theme) I feel a hustler will do equally as well, But I sure ain't gonna turn around and get a yellow rig and trailer to match - - - :D

Again,
Hope everyone is doing good & keeping things smooth, and thanks to all the "old-heads" who share so much knowledge and great advice here...

Turtle II :cool:
Eastern NC

tacoma200
07-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Most dealers quote me a price about $2000 or more off list on the 27 and 28 hp Z's so that should give you a good starting point. There can be a price difference of several hundred dollars depending on which dealer you speak to. Call or talk to 4 or 5 and bargin a little

Howie's Lawn Care
07-10-2006, 11:17 PM
My dealer had a 26HP liquid cooled kawi, xr-7 deck, 60", flex forks, suspension seats, super z tagged for $8900.00. That sounded good to me, but I hear the 26 liquid cooled are weak engine. That's just an example I figured would help.

-Nick Howard

ALarsh
07-11-2006, 12:41 AM
Get a toro to match the rig! Toro's turboforce deck is proven! Do a search.

mulcahy mowing
07-11-2006, 01:03 AM
beware for the nex exmark decks, toro is a better choice (unless the eXmark is an ultracut deck)

ToroLandscaper
07-11-2006, 01:27 AM
Hey,,,

Hope everyone is doing well and having a great summer.

I have been reading on and off here for a few years, this site is great.
I am finally getting ready to be done working for uncle sam.
It would figure just when I am ready to buy my first Z, both leading manufactures, IMO, come out with new decks the very same year.

I was undecided between exmark and hustler and leaning towards exmark.
With all the problems I see concerning the new exmark deck, it has tilted the scales for me to go with Hustler.

Can I get some knowledge / opinions concerning price.

If this is the posted MSRP,

What should I expect the actual out the door price to be???
Knock about 2 grand off this price shown???

More / Less ???

I hope some old pro's out there can chime in with some guidance on this for me.

Been saving hard the past few years,
Got my rig and a small trailer, all the hand tools and gadgets, now I just need to finish this last piece of the puzzle...

Attached is pic of my set-up so far,
I guess I really was leaning towards exmark,,, (red theme) I feel a hustler will do equally as well, But I sure ain't gonna turn around and get a yellow rig and trailer to match - - - :D

Again,
Hope everyone is doing good & keeping things smooth, and thanks to all the "old-heads" who share so much knowledge and great advice here...

Turtle II :cool:
Eastern NC

Well i can tell you one thing you will find a super z for ALOT less but the 52" super z is more expensive then the 60"...why not go with a 60" especially if cheaper

Super Z, 25HP Kawasaki / 60", SUSP seat. SZ25KAW60SSA (926980) $9,799

OR (which i would HIGHLY reccomend) go with a 60" with a XR7 deck for only 100$ more then the 52"

Super Z, 25HP Kawasaki / 60" XR7, SUSP seat. SZ25KAW60XR7SSA (927889) $10,199

and as far as exmark...i would for sure stay away for a while or until the get the deck problem fixed perminatly...if you want somethin to match the rig get a toro there GREAT and the turboforce deck ROCKS (i have one myself 52" 27hp)! and they will be cheaper then the hustler

robbo521
07-11-2006, 01:51 AM
get the hustler and just put yellow signs on the truck and trailer.

tacoma200
07-11-2006, 09:44 AM
get the hustler and just put yellow signs on the truck and trailer.
Hustler is still having thier share of problems even with the fix in Northern grasses. Now I'm seeing several reports of 28 efi problems that the dealer can't figure out. He should be fine with the Southern grasses even though puppypaws in North Carolina is reporting he has seen the problem when mowing blue grass and fescue but not to a large extent. It would be nice to wait a year on a Huster or Exmark to make sure all problems are worked out. Scag and Toro seem to be the only ones with no reports of deck problems out of this group.

topsites
07-11-2006, 10:05 AM
In 5 years I have never owned a Z, all I have are Wb's. And at that price you can forget it, for that kind of money I'll own a tractor long before I ever get a Z cauz my red neck ain't paying 7 thousand dollars more just for the luxury of sitting my tail down.

We're cutting grass here, 3 thousand dollars is enough money to pay for a mower.

I keep trying to tell them, nobody ever listens.
No wonder they all go bust in their first year.
Which is good, actually.

dbear
07-11-2006, 10:30 AM
The more I read about pricing elsewhere, the more convinced I gotta move! Around here, dealers usually add on $300 - $500 more than MSRP listed on manufacturers' websites (at least Cub Tanks/Lesco Z-Two).

tallimeca
07-11-2006, 06:47 PM
The only problems on the new Triton platforms that I have seen or heard of was not an Exmark problem, but a problem with the new Kohlers loosing power, causing a bad quality of cut. Kohler has fixed that issue.

The other issue we have seen is the Triton has adjustable baffles . This was done basically because of the different turf all around the country. If you are cutting heavy, wet grass like up here in New England, the baffles will be adjusted different then if you are down in South Florida with sparse grass. If you don't adjust the baffle, you may have issues. This is here to better serve the cutter so if you don't use it to your advantage, you are missing the boat.

TLS
07-11-2006, 11:20 PM
The eXmark problem is the DECK....not the engine.

There are no issues with the 28 EFI. It's not a new engine.

The strip of grass cut issue with the XR-7 deck is FIXED by installing the baffle.

Walkbehinds are great for certain properties. I use both. Walkbehinds simply don't have the speed and horsepower to out-gun a ZTR.

Just trying to clear up some facts here.

tacoma200
07-11-2006, 11:27 PM
TLS they are having a few issues with the 28 efi I read on the Huster forum. I don't think it's wide spread. But your right Exmarks problem is the deck right now. Too many reports to be dissmissed as flukes.

TLS
07-11-2006, 11:36 PM
TLS they are having a few issues with the 28 efi I read on the Huster forum.
This is news to me....I don't see any posts about it?:confused:

tacoma200
07-12-2006, 12:03 AM
This is news to me....I don't see any posts about it?:confused:
I looked back over the post and it was mostly the 25 kaw they were having problems loosing power and one person reported his 28 efi was doing the same. My Hustler dealer told me he would not even order a 28 efi unless the customer insisted. Told the same by a non Hustler dealer. So I guess I was wrong about it being alot of complaints on the Hustler board (only one). I must have been thinking about my dealers complaints. I don't care to admit when I'm wrong. Sorry about the mistake. I ordered a 27 super Z today because the dealer wouldn't fool with the 28. Don't ask me why, I am a bit mixed up but apparently they don't know how to work on them around here or they had some bad luck with a few. The 27 will work for what I have to do and even Bubba will be able to fix it. Thanks alot, I enjoy your post. Tacoma.

TLS
07-12-2006, 07:36 AM
Depending on where you live in Kentucky, there are a lot of "Bubba's".

lawnwizards
07-12-2006, 09:32 AM
i've lived in kentucky my whole life (30 years) and i've never met a bubba?

TLS
07-12-2006, 09:34 AM
i've lived in kentucky my whole life (30 years) and i've never met a bubba?
Maybe they all moved to West Virginia? :laugh:

lawnwizards
07-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Maybe they all moved to West Virginia? :laugh:"west virginia, where the men are men and the sheep are scared" as quoted by a west virginian.:laugh:

Turtle II
07-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Thanks for all the helpful advice.

I got straightened out on a few things by a couple private IM's too.
I love reading on here. :)

I wish I could wait a year to let the bugs get worked out.
In the early 90's I spent 3 grand on a Yamaha jet ski, they stopped production of that particular model the very next year and changed the entire design. I was young then,lol.
Wish I could wait another year for this, but will be out of the military in a few months.

My best deal so far is,,,

Super Z - 25hp KAW - 60in XR7 Deck - Delux Seat
8,500.00 Cash Price , tax included

TLS - - - thank you for getting me straight,
I wasn't even thinking about the trim side and widths, etc.

Hope everyone is doing well...

Turtle II:cool:
Eastern NC

TLS
07-12-2006, 10:32 PM
No problem.

dvmcmrhp52
07-12-2006, 10:41 PM
The only problems on the new Triton platforms that I have seen or heard of was not an Exmark problem, but a problem with the new Kohlers loosing power, causing a bad quality of cut. Kohler has fixed that issue.

The other issue we have seen is the Triton has adjustable baffles . This was done basically because of the different turf all around the country. If you are cutting heavy, wet grass like up here in New England, the baffles will be adjusted different then if you are down in South Florida with sparse grass. If you don't adjust the baffle, you may have issues. This is here to better serve the cutter so if you don't use it to your advantage, you are missing the boat.

And this is the same dealer that is trying to tell us why we should pay more for equipment so we can get better service from them...........
If you don't even know the facts about the Triton deck, how exactly do you provide such great service to all those commercial cutters you say you take care of so well?

I don't mean to be completely rude but.........
You just let the cat out of the bag............

tacoma200
07-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Bubba's tend to avoid the city of botherly love. They just don't go for that stuff. Now sisterly love that's different. Bubba goes for that. Just joking TLS, have a good day.