PDA

View Full Version : Making reverse faster in a Husqavarna

Dirty Water
07-10-2006, 11:21 PM
I have a Husqavarna YTH-150 lawn tractor I mow my place with, Its got a hydrostatic drive.

I'm curious if there is any way I can adjust it to double the speed of reverse, as its painstakingly slow, and I have to do a lot of backwards cutting around the tree's in my orchard.

Yes I know...I should get a Z.

Restrorob
07-11-2006, 07:04 AM
You may be able to adjust the actuating rod and get a little more but I know of no way to double the speed, Also adjusting for more reverse will remove forward speed.
Think a little more about that Z you mentioned.

fixer67
07-11-2006, 10:56 PM
The makers of riding mowers have been making the reverse speed of mowers a lot slower in the past few years. Too many fools backing up and running over kids and pets by not looking where they are going. They many not be any way to speed up the reverse. You can blame all this and the other safty switch mess on fools that should have never been let near a mower let alone run one.

Jim@MilkyWay
07-11-2006, 11:27 PM
"I'm from the government and I'm here to help".
Has anybody heard this before?
Is it common knowledge that, a lot, if not all, new mowers have a deck defeat feature that stops the blades when the mower is in reverse?

Jim@MilkyWay
07-11-2006, 11:37 PM
As in
" EVERY TIME " you put it in reverse!

Dirty Water
07-12-2006, 11:19 PM
As in
" EVERY TIME " you put it in reverse!

I already took care of that issue :laugh:

Reverse mowing is a must in tight spaces....

I really need to budget a Z into next years budget.

I'm going to see if I can adjust the linkage to get a little more reverse speed.