PDA

View Full Version : Wheel trouble/ trailer

tacoma200
07-11-2006, 12:21 AM
Having a little bit of trouble finding a spare wheel for my trailer. I ask several tire places and they say it a Chevy wheel 15". Had a blow out today and my Chevy spare would not fit so I had to limp to the tire shop after hours. How can I identify what kind of wheel I need. Even the guy that built it said Chevy 15 inch would work. I can't find a knowlegeble tire mechanic around here so what's my next step. I really need a spare.

Audrey
07-11-2006, 01:54 AM
Any trailer places nearby?

When I bought mine, I beat them up and part of the deal was I had them throw two new rims in. Two spares on board, ready at all times.
How's that for anal? :laugh:

Seriously though, check the Yellow Pages for trailer dealers and see what they have laying around. Buy two while you're at it. Sh** happens. For $100, I find it worthwhile to have the second spare tire at the ready. Heck, that's only one good dinner and drinks with the local Pam Anderson look-alike. If she's the only game in your town, you're better off by far with the tire.

A

BSDeality
07-11-2006, 02:14 AM
tractor supply and even walmart sell trailer rims/tires.

tacoma200
07-16-2006, 05:31 AM
Thanks for the info. Local guy built my trailer and he is getting old. Can't remember what wheel fits it. I found one at a junk yard but had to try several. I think it had the bolt pattern of an s-10 chevy 15".

oldrustycars
07-16-2006, 09:26 PM
theres several bolt patterns for chevy. what you need to know is the diameter of the bolt circle. should be either 4.75 or 5. also need to know the backspacing and width of the rim. any trailer supply place should be able to match one up with one of your existing rims.

willy victor
07-18-2006, 12:21 AM
Try Farm&Fleet or Northern Equipment

Willy

grass_cuttin_fool
07-18-2006, 07:50 AM
If he thinks its wheels from an s-10, then it is a smaller wheel pattern, I know chevy had 2 different patterns. I purchased 2 wheels for my 3-10 to put 2 snow tires on and learned it takes the '' smaller pattern''Maybe its 4.75 as old rusty car stated

wayne