PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a place to put grass besides the back of thier truck?

duelly44
07-11-2006, 01:53 AM
im fed up with using these damn brown bags to bag the grass in, the bags krinkle up, wind blows em over, and the grass catcher is 3 x as big as the bag...its the only thing our state allows us to put grass in unless youhave a dumpster to throw it in....

recently i have found a dumpster but still want a different idea of where to put the grass before it hits the dumpster besides in a brown bag or in the back of my truck (it will rot the metal back there plus i play beer league hockey and dont really like when my equipment reaks of grass)....i was thinking of welding four, 3 feet tall, 1 inch steel square tubes in a rectangular shape, in the front of the trailer and then washer screawing a big canvas tarp in a tub shape to hold the grass...what do you think? wood? metal? dont bother? any ideas, pics? smart ass comments are appreciated

thanks

Thirdpete
07-11-2006, 06:47 PM
put a tarp in the back of the truck. if you can fill up the back of the truck 1/2 to 1/4 full in a day (very feasible working solo) then you should be able to just pull it out and into the dumpster at the end of the day. leave the tarp outside, throw your gear in, you should be good.

iluvscag
07-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Out in the farm.

J&R Landscaping
07-12-2006, 12:04 AM
I put the grass in the customers yard, as in, I don'tbag it acept in the fall. When I do bag it, it either goes into a trashcan, stays in the gobbler till the end of the day, or goes in a brown bag.