PDA

View Full Version : D***n cheap azz foreign doctors

QualityLawnCare4u
07-11-2006, 01:06 AM
Three weeks ago was mowing a yard and my doc pulls up and stop (lives right around the corner) and ask me to do one of his rental properties and wants to know what I would charge. Told him I would have to look at it first but was familiar with it from doing it sometime back for a renter and told him it would normally be 35 bucks.Not a real big yard but I know better than sight unseen. He tried to pay me and I refused untill I looked at it. I get to it the next day and it was over waste high and full of limbs. Im sure the city was fixing to slap a fine on him. I did it and took a bill by for 65 bucks. Today I go back by to see him and he wants to know if I can do it once a month for 35. Now this yard is nothing but bahai grass and I told him no way. He looked at me funny and said "but thats 70 a month and my yard is 5 times bigger than that and I only pay 150 a month for 4 cuts". The biggest LCO here does his yard and I know dang well he is not doing it for that. I told him I was surprised that the city had not fined him and he admitted they were fixing to. I asked him why he had me do that property and had another LCO doing his office and home and he looked at me funny and said he would see what the other guy would charge. As I was leaving the other LCO happen to be mowing out front so I stopped him and told him about the conversation and he said BS! I aint cutting that yard for no 35 bucks and he is one cheap SOB, always trying to argue me down on price and he and his wife are both doctors. I rode by the yard and it was already over knee high, gotta love that Bahai! I make no secret about my dislike for these people from the "that"country and back when I was a newbie posted a thread about them and got flamed badly but this time Im not backing off how I feel about them. Every single one of them I have done biz with have tried to screw me and I absolutley refuse to ever do business with another one no matter how desperate I get! BTW, the reason he is my doc is my doc that I had for 40 years passed away and he was in the office with him and just took over and where I live thats all there is. Hardly any American doctors left here.

6'7 330
07-11-2006, 01:10 AM
Hindu, I presume?

Splicer
07-11-2006, 01:14 AM
So tell us how you really feel...:laugh:

Evergreenpros
07-11-2006, 01:40 AM
Hardly any American doctors left here.

You can thank the American Medical Association for that, they control the number of doctors that are trained in the US each year and they keep the number low to increase doctor's incomes. Typical union.

robbo521
07-11-2006, 01:46 AM
yes very tight with money but some of the best docs around my woods.

QualityLawnCare4u
07-11-2006, 01:49 AM
Hindu, I presume?

Bill, Im sure that there are some good ones out there but they aint here. I hate to label any group of people but after so long you get gun shy. Ive done biz with white folks, black folks, rich, poor, and ever other nationality I can thing of and never had the problems Ive had with "these" folks. I hate to sound prejudice because its not my style but until some comes along to prove me wrong thats the way it is and Im not giving another one the chance to find out.

QualityLawnCare4u
07-11-2006, 01:50 AM
So tell us how you really feel...:laugh:

:laugh: I did!:laugh:

QualityLawnCare4u
07-11-2006, 01:51 AM
yes very tight with money but some of the best docs around my woods.

I will agree with that, they are good doctors but dang hate to part with any money! And I hate to play the haggling game. I know its their culture but Toto, I dont think we are in Kansas anymore:)

TNT Lawncare
07-11-2006, 08:35 AM
They are good docs but their butt holes pucker up tighter than a snare drum when it comes to parting with money.

lucky4511
07-11-2006, 08:47 AM
We have done business with four people of this nationality in areas all around the city, Indianapolis, and have had nothing but constant haggling of prices. We no longer contact any of them but one did call us this spring. I quoted the work, she asked for lower costs, I said I didn't think so and she said to do what I could - but don't back off on the quality - I thought yeah, just the price! We did it for what I quoted her. All four of these clients were doctors.

Brendan Smith
07-11-2006, 09:07 AM
"would you like a slim jim with your bypass surgery sir? perhaps a slushee with your heat stroke?" said with apu's (simpson's) accent.

LawnBrother
07-11-2006, 09:13 AM
Quality, I feel your pain, man. I have one Indian customer, and she is great, until she asks for other-than-mowing work to be done. I REFUSE to haggle prices with her just because. She owns a $300,000+ pad, but she acts like she can't afford my price, etc. anything to save a dollar. In fact, that's a great idea. Next I'll time just start out twice as high as usual and come down in $1 increments. Really, she's a good customer, just an extreme tightwad, but considering the conditions in India, who can blame her for it? She probably grew up drinking dirty water, crapping in a hole in the floor (with NO tp), and she's probably sending all her money back home to feed 22 siblings and a goat. Seriously, it's a mess over there. I have friends of all nationalities, and I do not consider myself a racist, and I LOVE curry, but facts are facts, and the fact is that I don't return phone calls if I hear an Indian or middle eastern accent. It's just easier that way. Sometimes they fool me by talking without an accent in the message, but when I get them on the phone then I find out the truth, and then it's sorry, maam, my schedule is full. This has happened a few times, and I think they must have trouble getting service companies to call back, that's why they try so hard to hide the accent, anyone else notice this?

jazak
07-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Bill, Im sure that there are some good ones out there but they aint here. I hate to label any group of people but after so long you get gun shy. Ive done biz with white folks, black folks, rich, poor, and ever other nationality I can thing of and never had the problems Ive had with "these" folks. I hate to sound prejudice because its not my style but until some comes along to prove me wrong thats the way it is and Im not giving another one the chance to find out.

I agree with you on this one. They are the biggest ripoffs, liars. One time I go into Dunkin Donits get my coffee then went to get some napkins and the lady goes real smartass like you have to pay for those. Next door to me live a Hindu couple and my son put up a rock wall and it started along our property line and then it curve out from it by like 5'. Well the nieghbor tried to tell me that he was going to kill MY bushes and that he took her rocks to use. I had my wife go tell her off and she got pissed said she was going to call the cops or something.

OBW I had to import the rocks and the bushes weren't even harmed. Maybe there are some good ones out there but the ones I've seen are PITAs and think they're better then us.

EMWEB
07-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Having dealt with the public all my life while working in various professions, I have found that while stereotyping may be considered taboo in today's society, it does have it's place. While I treat everyone with respect and courtesy, I have learned to be weary of certain groups of people. Some of these people are grouped by ethnicity, some by socioeconomic status & and yes some even by appearance. I apply the hot stove theory to people. We learn at a very early age about "hot" things, stoves, mower mufflers, steamy food and even toys that have laid in the sun for hours. These are learned experiences. Very similar to dealing with foreign doctors, especially those from India. You have to understand that regardless of the fact they are now living here in the U.S., they still compare the price of your services to what they would pay for comparable services in their country of orgin. For example, if you were to travel to Japan and wondered into a McDonalds and ordered a Big Mac, fries & a Coke you would be totaled pissed off when you discovered later that the 1,372.33 YEN you paid was $12.00 ! ! !, but at the same time will not be able to quit bragging about the hand carved whale bone chest set you bought for $3.75 in a gift store when you return. To add to this problem, haggling is standard for all transactions with some cultures. The bigger your smile when you quote a $$$ figure the more likely you are to get it. The typical American puts on his solemn face when quoting, to them you are saying " I'm sorry, this is as low as I can go". In his eyes and his upbringing you have humbled yourself, while in yours you are standing proud firm and confident. Remember, never quit SMILING when dealing with them . . . .

topsites
07-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Haggling wastes my time, even if I get the original bargain, I am not in the mood to play see-saw hemhaw back/forth give-take smileface pattycake for 20 minutes with nobody. Here's the price BLAM and right then I am ready to leave so hurry up and say yes or I am gone!

As for the look on my face when I am giving a price, I couldn't tell you for sure... But what I do know is I got my winter money sitting in the bank and that gives me a 'take it or leave it' attitude where I am already prepared to turn around and leave before I even quote.

All I want in return for the estimate is a 'yes' or a 'no' and now. I don't care what the answer is but make it quick because I don't got all day. If you can't figure it out, no problem, the default choice is 'no,' I already figured you wasn't going to pay my price so see ya.

As for the doctors problem, I am understanding. I myself prefer to go to Europe for having my ailments treated because the same procedure that costs me 20 thousand dollars in the USA, I can get it done in Europe for at least half that, and that includes the two-way first class airplane ticket. We are in America, this is my price, nobody said the USA was the cheapest country in the world so if you moved here thinking that, well then that is your own fault lol.

mcwlandscaping
07-11-2006, 09:57 AM
after my experience with them this past year, ill never deal with them again, waste of my time.

Freddy_Kruger
07-11-2006, 09:59 AM
What happens when you meet tight white ppl? you going to stop doing business with them to? (yer an idiot)

Frontier-Lawn
07-11-2006, 10:00 AM
heres what i have found out so far....

people.........house cost..........money whining
white........... $300,000 .............. :dizzy:
Hindu/India ........... $300,000 ................ :cry: :hammerhead:
blacks ........... $300,000 ................ payup payup :drinkup: :waving:
Europeans........... $300,000 ................. :confused: ;)
pita's ................. Any .. . . . . . . . :realmad:

Freddy_Kruger
07-11-2006, 10:06 AM

Brendan Smith
07-11-2006, 10:08 AM
heres what i have found out so far....

people.........house cost..........money whining
white........... $300,000 .............. :dizzy:
Hindu/India ........... $300,000 ................ :cry: :hammerhead:
blacks ........... $300,000 ................ payup payup :drinkup: :waving:
Europeans........... $300,000 ................. :confused: ;)
pita's ................. Any .. . . . . . . . :realmad:

i hate to say it, but i have to pretty much agree completely

TNT Lawncare
07-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Thats so funny. I love it.

tcls83
07-11-2006, 07:46 PM
I don't feel it is racist at all (And I know I am not a racist person). I experience the same from the Hindu/Middle Easterners all the time. I do not feel shy to admit it.

I have dumped quite a few that I picked up when I first started (back when I wanted to get my foot in the door). All of their jobs were done on the cheap. So after a year or so, I finally realized if I wanted to make money at these places, all I had to do was go up in price $5-10. When you notify them of your increase, they feel offended, and some were very angry when I told them. Too bad.

And they never seemed satisfied with our work, because there was never anything extra done for them. They felt they had to run the ship, and people who feel like the should, do not last that long with me. And they always gave the impression that they were "above" the rest of us, and seemed to lock the doors even if they went inside to write a check. (I work in a suburban/rural area)

Even when you go to the gas station, and pick up some potato chips, and later realize when you're 5 miles from their store, the chips are 6 months over their expiration date. It's because they're cheap. Check all expiration dates when going to their stores.

BUT..... I have met a few Middle Easterners that were very nice people, and one even left out some iced tea or water each time (and it wasn't only because of that), and gave me no problems with anything. A lot of them are very nice. Even the pain in the butt ones, they just do not realize how different things are here.

But the good ones are probably about 1 in 5.

I'll still give a few of them quotes (for the ones that will actually let me give them a quote in person rather than over the phone). And still come across some that would like you to do work for $10/hr. I'd say I respond to 50% of messages left by Middle Easterners/ Hindus.

And... any other nationality/race besides them doesn't seem to get my negative attention. Although, every black person I have done work for has given me no problems whatsoever.

6'7 330
07-11-2006, 08:18 PM
I learned a lot about Indian culture, from a Indian lady friend.There is reason why almost 100% of Hindu Indians are pains in the asses, for contractors.The behavior Hindu's exhibit is a result of Hindu Indian culture, and their old caste system. The vast majority of Indians in India are not in the least like the vast majority of Indians immigrating to the US. The Indians migrating here are in hugely disproportionate numbers from the higher caste, this caste by and large are the only people who can afford to make the migration out of India.Their belief is ,they are gods on earth and people they deem below their caste should be subservient to them.

DBL
07-11-2006, 09:14 PM
i hope that not all young forgein doctors are cheap my brother had surgery in january for a broken hand and his doctor wants us to take down 5 large trees in his back yard and we gave him a quote but he hasnt gotten back to us yet but now after reading this i think were going to have to call him tomorrow

jojoleafsfan
07-12-2006, 12:05 AM
First of all thier not Hindu's, Hindu is a religion. their East Indian. Most people from India belive in the Hindu or Sikh religion. Its so typically American for you to bash other nationalities but of course none of you are prejudice.And by the way my best customer is a East Indian. He has lived in Canada for about 20 years, he phones me up and says just do it then i send him a bill. $35 lawn cut or a $500 clean it doesnt matter he just pays it.

6'7 330
07-12-2006, 12:18 AM
First of all thier not Hindu's, Hindu is a religion. their East Indian. Most people from India belive in the Hindu or Sikh religion. Its so typically American for you to bash other nationalities but of course none of you are prejudice.And by the way my best customer is a East Indian. He has lived in Canada for about 20 years, he phones me up and says just do it then i send him a bill. $35 lawn cut or a $500 clean it doesnt matter he just pays it.

No fooling Hindu is a religeon,many here in the USA use the term Hindu to distinguish between Indians from India , and Native people to the Usa, also known as Indians.

Now get this..It ain't racial nor stereotype,IT IS PLAIN OLD FACTS..when 99.99 percent of the Indians are hard to do business with, and this is the case in vast majority of cities in this country.We haven't dealt with just one, we have dealt with many of Indian decent.

Get off you're uppity high horse ....It has to do with culture, and Indian traditions ingrained in their culture for hundreds of years. And any businessman who ignores those fact's ,when dealing with this demographic, is a stupid one.

jojoleafsfan
07-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Maybe in the USA all the "Hindu's" are cheap but i havent met that many cheap "Hindu's" in my dealings in Victoria BC Canada, the only people i have money problems with are those tightwade Scotts,its like they just lost their only son when they hand over their check.:cry:

QualityLawnCare4u
07-12-2006, 01:57 AM

Im glad you have found a good one but I still stand on what I have encountered over the years. Every single one, none barred, 100% of them have either screwed me or tried to screw me. Ive dealt with doctors, gas station owners, motel owners, quick marts and not one of them has changed my beliefs and I dont give up easy but enough is enough and they are running 100% negative with me! Like I said, I will no longer do biz of any kind with them, zilch, zero. I really feel like they look down on me as a peon and that is what really urks me, I sense that "Im better than you, you lowly lawm monkey" attitude from them.

QualityLawnCare4u
07-12-2006, 01:58 AM
No fooling Hindu is a religeon,many here in the USA use the term Hindu to distinguish between Indians from India , and Native people to the Usa, also known as Indians.

Now get this..It ain't racial nor stereotype,IT IS PLAIN OLD FACTS..when 99.99 percent of the Indians are hard to do business with, and this is the case in vast majority of cities in this country.We haven't dealt with just one, we have dealt with many of Indian decent.

Get off you're uppity high horse ....It has to do with culture, and Indian traditions ingrained in their culture for hundreds of years. And any businessman who ignores those fact's ,when dealing with this demographic, is a stupid one.

Exactly Bill!

lawnworker
07-12-2006, 09:28 AM
I have had terrible luck with any body dark skinned that is not a black American and probably following that desert trader,profit--and teacher who wiped out his clan becuase they would not follow him--beliefs. Get this, one of them did not like my price on clean up work, so he said, "I will just hire me some Mexicans." he had some shirt on that I thought was for the forest service. I asked if he worked for the forest serivice, and he said in a kinda weird way, Its from a kids camp. that day a man fuel up at one of the local stores and drives away after hanging out at the store for a moment, with out paying. The manager chased him down the road , but he was to far gone.I swear he had on the same green shirt with that insignia.

Recently,One Doctor and I had a verbal agreement that he amazingly forgot while he hired someone else the day I called him to let him know I would be over the up coming Saturday as planned. Our phone conversation went well. I was tempted to bill him for my earlier estimate with a threat to sue for lack of specific performance, if not paid.

Any way, I am careful when pricing work.

Frontier-Lawn
07-12-2006, 11:34 AM
good food :laugh: bad bizz clients :dizzy:

im surprised the India restaurants stay in bizz with there lowballin food service supplyers.

Freddy_Kruger
07-12-2006, 12:06 PM
I seen this show about racism withen India and they are a very racist ppl. In the 70's they were sterolizing the minority there (forget what they're called but they all look alike). They gang rape them also. It's almost like jews under hitler.