PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a B&S engine

KillaWhale
07-11-2006, 12:28 PM
I have a old exmark with a 13hp B$S on it. Model number 28m707. When I open the petcock from the fuel tank the carb just fills up. Is this a float problem? Help me out here guys. Never really dealt with fixing mowers but low on money and need it fixed. Thanks everyone in advance.

Jim@MilkyWay
07-11-2006, 04:06 PM
....When I open the petcock from the fuel tank the carb just fills up....
Actually, that is the plan.
Perhaps you mean it overflows. In this case, find out how to access the float in your carb bowl ( It is a trick to take the bowl off some carbs ), then "un-stick" your needle valve/fuel cutoff and there you go.

Restrorob
07-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Sounds like you need to remove the float bowl as Jim stated but clean the inside of the carb. with carb. & choke cleaner. Then replace the float needle valve and also replace the fuel filter that should do it.

lawnmaniac883
07-11-2006, 06:32 PM
In addition to the statements above, remove the float and needle valve from the carb, make darn sure the float isnt full of fuel, cracked or has a hole in it. Shake the float around lightly and see if there is anything in there. When inspecting the needle valve/seat look for any obstructions and check for and pitting / cracking that may have occured.

KillaWhale
07-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Thanks guys I will try cleaning and fixing this weekend. I will report back with results. Thanks again everyone.