PDA

View Full Version : What to do?????

John B Laidlaw
07-11-2006, 01:51 PM
I have a bit of a dilemma. It's really hot here. We have had record rains in the past couple of weeks and I have to get our field in shape for the up coming Fall programs. I found chinch bug on three of my four field, Jap beetle flying around, not a lot but enough to notice, and a budget that is tighter then Ebenezer Scrooge before his ephiiphany.

Do I push for Allectus (sp) for complete control or go with sevin for chinch bug control. Granular? Liquid?

Any thoughts that I'm not seeing?:dizzy:

TforTexas
07-11-2006, 02:36 PM
If your budget is that tight I don't think you can afford not to treat. I know that the Allectus carries a hefty price tag, but what is the price of curative treatments plus labor and material to repair of the damaged turf and watering new seed sod in the damaged areas if you gamble and lose. I have seen many times where people "cheap out" and get the cheaper products or hold off all together only to pay several times what they would have for the right product in reapplications and repair. This happens alot with the Merit/Mach 2,
I dont want to pay for that 50 dollar bag of Merit only to see them buy bag after bag of 30 dollar Dylox and the turf is still damaged.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
07-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Try granular Talstar or Lesco's Crosschek for your chinch...it might also help to control japanese beetles too.