PDA

View Full Version : Huge problem looks to be slowly getting solved

DFW Area Landscaper
07-11-2006, 08:29 PM
I have been on LawnSite whining in the past about having 9 times as much work to in the spring than the rest of the season for our shrubman.

So I decided to start offering shrub trimming & tree pruning on an automatic schedule where we will automatically stop by 4 times per year. It is selling really well. I'd guess about 85% are taking the offer.

Next spring, the one-timers will be prioritized behind the 4 timers. We will explain the policy and soon this problem will no longer be a problem.

Just thought I would share what appears to be a good solution to a very real problem. We just started offering this service about 2.5 weeks ago and already we have 16 clients signed up for automatic shrub/clean-up visits.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

DBL
07-11-2006, 09:01 PM
i dont have many people that want just prunning they either want it along with mowing service like we have a few commercial that are a weekly package for mowing weeding prunning and cleaning so we do them together. but great idea on starting a cycle the product will be better kept and i bet your making money on the deal as well

General Landscaping
07-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Iv'e got some people on for 4X year. Just come and do stuff the homeowner can't/won't/does'nt have the tools for.

The funny thing is.... If you break it down to a monthly bill instead of 4X/year; it sounds like a lot more money and does'nt sell:dizzy:

$54/month
$160/quarterly

DFW Area Landscaper
07-11-2006, 10:03 PM
We just charge by the hour and there is no minimum or trip charge. We just show up 4 times a year and do whatever our shrubman thinks needs to be done. When we finish, we will leave a note on the door with our start and stop times and we'll charge their credit card the day after.

The only problem I foresee with this is the call-ahead. I know the request is coming as soon as we start moving through the schedule. I am thinking the new labor rate will be $38/man-hour and we'll discount that to $36/man-hour if the client doesn't need the call-ahead.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

topsites
07-11-2006, 10:20 PM
I have a similar issue on the prioritizing and I agree with you... I get a few customers who for some reason do NOT want to be put on the schedule, I think they're afraid of the 'weekly' cutters but I am not like that, still they always want to call before they see me, and no-no-no on the schedule...

I try and explain it but it's no doing, so like yourself, scheduled customers now come first. So far no problem, but if push comes to shove I think that's the way you have to do it and like you said, no problem.

CutInEdge Lawn Care
07-11-2006, 10:29 PM
I have a similar issue on the prioritizing and I agree with you... I get a few customers who for some reason do NOT want to be put on the schedule, I think they're afraid of the 'weekly' cutters but I am not like that, still they always want to call before they see me, and no-no-no on the schedule...

I try and explain it but it's no doing, so like yourself, scheduled customers now come first. So far no problem, but if push comes to shove I think that's the way you have to do it and like you said, no problem.

Topsites

I am feeling ya there! I did that yrs ago but did not make the same mistake here in FL. Yes, we do one time cuts but after the first cut if your not signed on SEEYA.