PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat safety switch issues!

Bunton Guy
07-11-2006, 09:32 PM
04 bobcat 60"Z 23hp kawi. aprox 300hrs.

Safety switch on the parking brake dosent work correctly. Mower starts fine but as soon as you move the parking brake down to move...it stalls the motor.

So I replaced the safety switch on the parking brake, 2 of the 3 relays under the seat & both of the 20 fuses connected to the starter wires (i think thats where they go)

Still have an issue with it. BUT it can be tricked....? I would put the parking brake up and down rapildy until the engine finally stays on??? is the wiring harness possible have a short in it?

MowerMedic77
07-11-2006, 09:45 PM
You may want to check your seat switch if the mower dies when you drop the brake then the safety circuit is not recognizing that you are sitting in the seat. Hope this helps:)

Bunton Guy
07-12-2006, 04:10 PM
That seat safety has been disconnected...we were on a lawn and one of the 2 wires on that seat switch came loose and killed the motor so we twisted the two togather and havent had time to hook them back up.

MowerMedic77
07-12-2006, 04:28 PM
You said that you replaced 2 of the 3 relays if memory serves me they should all be the same relay on one of them is for the safety circuit try swapping out the one you did not replace with one of the new ones see if it makes a difference.