PDA

View Full Version : Toro SFS deck

J&R Landscaping
07-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Who out there has or has had a toro walkbehind with the floating SFS deck. How do you like? Would you recomend it? Thanks in advance!

lawnprosteveo
07-11-2006, 11:49 PM
I have a Toro 36 wb with the sfs floating deck. This is my fourth season with it.

I like it and would recommend it. I cuts well both as a side discharge and with Toro's mulching kit...which I now leave on it. I have also used a bagger with it and have had good results.

Hope that helps.

6'7 330
07-11-2006, 11:55 PM
Years ago we had a Toro Z-Turn with the SFS DECK. On our cool season grass during periods of fast growth, it sucked. You cut 3 inches of grass blade off, 3 inches is what will come out the discharge chute, clippings were not chopped up very well at all. The only way id have an SFS deck, is as a free gift.

T.E.
07-12-2006, 12:46 AM
I had one on my z rider, and it is a little light weight, that being said it had a lot better cut, and dispersed the clippings better than my current grasshopper. Later, Tony

MOW ED
07-12-2006, 06:31 AM
I have two on a 44wb and it cuts ok the other is on the 62 rider. Its a general use deck and as stated if the stuff gets heavy it comes out heavy. I can deal with it. I mostly ride anyway so if I have to double cut when its heavy its no problem. With it being so warm and dry here the only thing I'm cutting is my profits.

grass_cuttin_fool
07-12-2006, 06:57 AM
I have one on a 52'' proline walkbehind. In heavy growth it isnt the best, I run grass hog blades year round and it seems to help, the stock blades are not very well for any condition (my opinion). But yes I would recommend one

wayne

06er
07-15-2006, 10:41 PM
I have a toro 36" SFS floating and am dissatified with its bagging ability i.e. leaves clippings and has slight blowout when bagger is close to full. Mulch kit works average to below in taller grass, large clippings when side discharging even with mulch blades. My suggestion would be a model with the turbo force deck.