PDA

View Full Version : xt85 t weedeater acceleration trouble

07-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Hi guys,I need your help.I been working on this machine for a while now and just can't seem to find the problem.It will not accelerate to high rpms, but will idle .When I spray gas in through the carb venturi with the throttle wide open, it floods the engine to where it almost dies.
What I've done so far is,
put new carb kit in,metering lever is set right, changed all fuel lines, compression is good, 125lbs. checked the muffler and cylinder wall, new fuel, new plug,checked fuel cap venting, carb settings at 1.5 turns start up.cleaned the carb and blew it out with compress air several times. I at my witts end on this one. Any help as to what to do next, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks

MowerMedic77
07-12-2006, 03:50 PM
How do the crank seals look on both the flywheel and recoil side of the engine?

07-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Do I have to have a tester for this and how do you use it. Or just seeing oil deposits around the seal area will tell me that they are gone.

MowerMedic77
07-12-2006, 04:47 PM
No you don't need a tester and yes excessive oil or seal pushed out from housing sometimes the center of the seal will tear out. I have even seen hair rapped up in the seals before:confused: Not sure the age of the unit they could just be dry and stiff, touch the lip of the seal with a pocket screwdriver and see if its still ply-able.

07-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Found the problem, Owner used a longer screw to hold the carb on . It went through the wall of the crankcase up against and ruining the reed valve and stop guard. Maybe a better day tomorrow Thanx for trying to help. Snowball.