PDA

View Full Version : 32" stander price and how much faster?

Hermanator
07-12-2006, 12:06 PM
I am looking at getting a 32" wright stander 17 horse w/ electric start for $4,495.00 with no catcher. is this a good price or not?

How much faster is this going to speed us up? we are currently doing 30-32 lawns per day average with 3 man crews in 10-11 hours with 21's. Can we do 40-42 with 3 guys and the 32"? Need the 32" due to gate issues.

plan with the 32" is 1 guy start weed eating right away. 1 guy with a 21" opens all the perimeters with 2 trips around, while the 32" guy starts back and fourthing it. first guy done grabs the edger, then next guys done grab the blowers.

Can I expect any problems with rutting and losing accounts do to the rutting factor, even if it is not too bad but the HO's impression is that it is? I hate to lose any accounts that we have built up, but I am trying to increase efficiency. If we lose some, maybe less then 5%, then thats ok I would think. Will be cutting mostly Bermuda (99%)

thanx

jazak
07-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Seems like a good deal I'll call my dealer and see what he's selling his for. I know that a 36" Stander goes for $5550 w/ catcher. Your way of running the crew is good and as for rutting if you make K turns it will help reduse them.

Just called my dealer thats a really good price. Around here they're going for $5200

Hermanator
07-13-2006, 12:01 AM
Seems like a good deal I'll call my dealer and see what he's selling his for. I know that a 36" Stander goes for $5550 w/ catcher. Your way of running the crew is good and as for rutting if you make K turns it will help reduse them.

Just called my dealer thats a really good price. Around here they're going for $5200

Not to worried about the turning as much as i am from just running back and fourth. It weighs 650 lbs dry and with me at 150, well it add's up.

any body else have any input?

Ray&Christine
07-13-2006, 12:22 AM
I just bought one in April, I have put just over 100 hours on it so far with no problems. I was also worried about rutting with the small tires but it is not an issue. It takes a while to get use to the touchy controls but after a few hours you will get the hang of it. It saves a bit time over my Walker but not a great amount. The only downside is that you stand pretty high and have to watch low branches with your head, if you wear a baseball hat(like me) your view of the braches are reduced.

ed2hess
07-13-2006, 04:56 PM
If you can use a 36" the Sentar sport has much wider tires. But if you need 32" this won't work.