PDA

View Full Version : pig in a poke

Georgeharry
07-12-2006, 09:22 PM
The description said just like new,only used a very few times.Pictures looked right good.I thought that I would give it a try on ebay.I bought it for 235.00.They told me twice that they had sent out the Torro s21 personal pace mower for two weeks.I filled a complaint with Ebay and received it finally.I open the poorly packaged box to find a red mower with dirt and grass on the deck.I thought oh oh. I pulled the oil stick and it looked like black crude oil.I took off the air filter cover and there was no filter.I felt a sick feeling come on me .I looked at the dirt in the carb.an oil leak around the bottom of the motor .The crank rope cover had a extra screw added in back part of it and it had been screwed all the way into the fuel tank.I went in the house and have not gone back to it yet. Just like new!!!

Restrorob
07-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Sounds like you need to file another complaint for false advertisement ;)

lawnmaniac883
07-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Ummm, ok? And how can WE help you?

newz7151
07-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Ummm, ok? And how can WE help you?

By saying, "Told you so", or "grain of salt" or, rather let the old saying "buyer beware" ring true.

olderthandirt
07-12-2006, 10:29 PM
Ebay -- worlds biggest garbage sale

rodneyskip
07-12-2006, 11:23 PM
I sell on ebay quite a bit. Make a report with ebay- but most especially with paypal (if you used them). Paypal can get your money back. This is even better if you used a credit card through paypal.

Good luck!!!

DJL50
07-12-2006, 11:28 PM
I get into it with friends who buy off of e-bay. They talk about how they got it from E-Bay like they are buying it from Sears. Fact is it is nothing more than a ad in the newspaper. They send hundreds of dollars for an item they have never seen to a person they don't know on the other side of the country and hope they receive it in the mail. I look there from time to time to see what something may be worth but never have purchased anything.