PDA

View Full Version : Gravely ZT2044

sefh
07-12-2006, 10:09 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was looking at one of these tonight and wondering what your feedback is on these mowers. The one I was looking at had a 44" deck. I cut about 3 acres of grass and wondering if this would hold up for many of years. The other question is about the drive train. The dealer was telling me that they make a hydro drive and a hydraulic drive. He mentioned that the hydraulic drive would require less maintainance. I was just curios to what the maintainance would be. Please give me your advise and input. Thanks a bunch.

waffletown20
07-13-2006, 02:20 AM
The deciding factor would be if it's an easy or a rough 3 acres. Are there a lot of bumps, hills, berms,etc? If so, then I would recommend a commercial machine. Either way, for 3 acres a 44" deck will be too small. I have a 44" deck but I am mainly servicing 1/4 acre yards so it is actually more efficient. A machine that I would recommend would be the Gravely 160Z. It's commercial and will last you many years. Also, to save money you could just go with a dependable lawn tractor. Maintenance is the key with any machine to make it last long. As far as hydros go, I think they all operate with the same principle of displacing fluid. The only maintenance is changing the fluid and filter every 500 hrs.