PDA

View Full Version : a property I maintain

mike lane lawn care
07-13-2006, 06:16 PM
I have been meaning to post a few pictures of some of the places i maintain for quite some time now. This is a small account that i do, today was not the best day to photgraph it due to the weather and the fact that the lawn is saturated, but I took them anyway. i do appreciate criticism, as long as it's constructive.

mike lane lawn care
07-13-2006, 06:17 PM
another picture

mike lane lawn care
07-13-2006, 06:19 PM
and another, stripes don't show well from this angle

Lazer_Z
07-13-2006, 06:22 PM
Mike great stripes. I can't belive that a tractor did those. Do you switch up your cutting patterns?

Rob

mike lane lawn care
07-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Mike great stripes. I can't belive that a tractor did those. Do you switch up your cutting patterns?

Rob
thanks, and yes a simplicity broadmoor did those stripes, i had some one stop me today and ask how i got two different types of grass to grow in such a traight ine, it took me a while to explain the stiping effect. I do switch up the pattern and rotate between 3 different patters as to not cause the lawn to rut. i'll have to get a picture of a different pattern.

dfor
07-13-2006, 06:38 PM
I'm not a huge fan of stripes, but that first pic is great.

Lazer_Z
07-13-2006, 06:50 PM
thanks, and yes a simplicity broadmoor did those stripes, i had some one stop me today and ask how i got two different types of grass to grow in such a traight ine, it took me a while to explain the stiping effect. I do switch up the pattern and rotate between 3 different patters as to not cause the lawn to rut. i'll have to get a picture of a different pattern.
Please do.

Rob

Fantasy Lawns
07-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Looks Great

Luv how up in the northern half this is a "small" yard .... down here that's like 4 of mine

PowerEquipmentWarehouse
07-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Beautiful grass and a great cutting job!! Lovely gardens as well. Do you do the spraying and fertilizing as well? Nice Job!!

nmez21
07-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Great job! Can't wait to see more.

Splicer
07-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Great job the Simplicity does!!! Now for the big question...How much do you charge for cutting this yard???

mulcahy mowing
07-13-2006, 08:56 PM
wow mike, wow looks amazing! nice work

mike lane lawn care
07-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Great job the Simplicity does!!! Now for the big question...How much do you charge for cutting this yard???
$55, it's a good yard, simple and straight forward, to them it's a show lawn and is on the main st. right accross from the red lion inn(a famous restaurant and hotel) and yes the simplicity does an EXCELLENT job, the neighbor's lawn is cut by a crew running scags and looks no where near as good, people are always walking by and looking, and taking pictures.

mike lane lawn care
07-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Beautiful grass and a great cutting job!! Lovely gardens as well. Do you do the spraying and fertilizing as well? Nice Job!!
thanks, and no i don't do the fertilizing, actualy this lawn is only fertilized once every few years by the home owner, so propper cutting and watering (automatic sprinklers) can make a lawn look better than some lawn that are teeming with chemicals. and the gardens have been there for years, designed by the home owner, i just do the upkeep.

G.M.Landscaping
07-13-2006, 09:27 PM
I'll give another "wow" to tractor stripes... Great job!!!!

TriplePLandscaping
07-13-2006, 10:02 PM
wow two thumbs up to you man. Its funny how u can pull this off just by using a tractor. Once again awsome job.

LindblomRJ
07-13-2006, 10:17 PM
Nice work. Looks like the "tractor" did a really nice job.

mike lane lawn care
07-13-2006, 10:21 PM
wow two thumbs up to you man. Its funny how u can pull this off just by using a tractor. Once again awsome job.
thanks, and yes this tractor does one heck of a job, some people gave me a hard time for buying a tractor instead of a ZTR or large walkbehind, but leaves a better cut than some of the ZTR's that are out there. simplicity has been at it for MANY years and have perfectd their machines, they realy do a good job.

mike lane lawn care
07-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Nice work. Looks like the "tractor" did a really nice job.
it is a "tractor" but it is a really good mower, it is the same deck that is on the simplicity commerical ZTR's. and thanks.

J&R Landscaping
07-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Stripes look really good!

Groomer
07-13-2006, 10:55 PM
That is beautiful! But doesn't the tractor slow you down on your turns? Anyway, nice work!

mike lane lawn care
07-13-2006, 11:01 PM
That is beautiful! But doesn't the tractor slow you down on your turns? Anyway, nice work!
actualy, on this lawn, i go completely off the lawn onto the drievway and sidewalks so that the stripes cary through. a ZTR would come in handy on the far right corner of the lawn, as it takes some interesting 5 point turns to turn around without messing up the stripe, but i love my tracor, as i have said in other threads, i demoed 2 commercial ZTR's on my biggest property (7 acres of the hilliest bumpies, most un even lawn you have ever seen) and i liked the tractor a lot better on that lawn. but thanks on the comment.

ALarsh
07-14-2006, 01:09 AM
Wow i'm surprised. Now be honest, did you go over the striping twice in the same direction?

Pic of the tractor?

garth1967
07-14-2006, 05:29 AM
nice work mike ,love ya work

Sandgropher
07-14-2006, 05:55 AM
Excellent stuff:clapping:

Eric Elm will be smiling from above.:angel: :D :usflag:

LindblomRJ
07-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Another question. Did you any thing ie. stripe kit to get that effect? If so what did you add or how did you get the effect?

awdriven
07-14-2006, 02:20 PM
I think the Simplicity decks come with a full-length roller as standard - it's like a stripe kit :)

Among the residential type machines it must be a nice selling feature for them, gets people asking what kind of mower their neighbor has that leaves the stripes.

lugnut#6
07-14-2006, 09:15 PM
what kind of trees are those with the dark\purple leaves?
and what are those weeping bushes?

looks great.

wish we could stripe down here

Mrk'sLawn
07-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Please excuse my ignorance but having never done any stripes I always wondered how you get the stripe around the flower bed like in the second picture? How can you keep the stripe going without driving all over the others? I never could figure that out... If someone could explain that would be great.. This is only my first year in the bus and I'm still very green...:dizzy:

dcondon
07-14-2006, 10:16 PM
VERY nice looking job Mike!!! Keep up the good work:clapping:

mulcahy mowing
07-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Please excuse my ignorance but having never done any stripes I always wondered how you get the stripe around the flower bed like in the second picture? How can you keep the stripe going without driving all over the others? I never could figure that out... If someone could explain that would be great.. This is only my first year in the bus and I'm still very green...:dizzy:

you will have to make some passes twice.... it's not hard to do once you learn it. it's like a geometry lesson:walking: :laugh:

mike lane lawn care
07-15-2006, 11:08 AM
you mdo the side passes, and drive arround the flower bed, then youj go back and re-do the one stripe that you have driven over.

mike lane lawn care
07-15-2006, 11:12 AM
I think the Simplicity decks come with a full-length roller as standard - it's like a stripe kit :)

Among the residential type machines it must be a nice selling feature for them, gets people asking what kind of mower their neighbor has that leaves the stripes.
your right, it has a full width roller, the roller serves double duty, it leaves great stripes, and also is a key element in the free floating deck system.

mike lane lawn care
07-15-2006, 11:14 AM
what kind of trees are those with the dark\purple leaves?
and what are those weeping bushes?

looks great.

wish we could stripe down here
the tree with the purple leaves, is some kind of beach tree, not sure which. and the weeping bushes are called weeping sally, or so i'm told.