PDA

View Full Version : Trex Deck Project

Team-Green L&L
07-14-2006, 05:20 PM
This is a Trex deck that turned out whttp://www.lawnsite.com/images/smilies/smilie_flagge13.gif
:usflag:onderful. Just wanted to share.

cgland
07-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Looks good, just wondering why some steps and joists are faced and others are not!?

Chris

wski4fun
07-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Looks real nice. Does it still look good after the temp changes. Those joints really shrink when it gets cold. Nothing you can do about it, just happens. What was the final price? I'm guessing close to 15k at least. Did you predrill the screws? Did you use galvanized fasteners on the pressure treated? Makes up for the walkway and patio job. Put that deck on your website and in your brochures.

wurkn with amish
07-14-2006, 10:32 PM
looks nice! that had better be alot more than 15k!

tthomass
07-15-2006, 12:01 AM
if he built the enclosed porch too i would say a very solid $50,000+.........thats what it goes for here in northern VA

Team-Green L&L
07-15-2006, 12:53 AM
Looks good, just wondering why some steps and joists are faced and others are not!?

Chris

We had to wait for the manufacturer to offer the proper facing. It is now available and we are awaiting the shipment.

Team-Green L&L
07-15-2006, 12:58 AM
Looks real nice. Does it still look good after the temp changes. Those joints really shrink when it gets cold. Nothing you can do about it, just happens. What was the final price? I'm guessing close to 15k at least. Did you predrill the screws? Did you use galvanized fasteners on the pressure treated? Makes up for the walkway and patio job. Put that deck on your website and in your brochures.

It was a little better than 15K. Closer to 30, but I don't want to give the exact note. The screen porch was a seperate project. The lower half around 15K. Had to pre-drill, which is why I'd rather sell a wood deck. Can't say I don't like the product though.