PDA

View Full Version : worlds largest supplier of comm. vehicles?

DodgeTruckMan731
07-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Is dodge really the worlds largest supplier of commercial vehicles?

lawnmaniac883
07-14-2006, 10:29 PM
Maybe, they produce more for mexico and all but in the us I would have to say ford is the largest supplier. You talking bout the commercial where the german guy made that claim right?

DodgeTruckMan731
07-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Maybe, they produce more for mexico and all but in the us I would have to say ford is the largest supplier. You talking bout the commercial where the german guy made that claim right?

Yeah, whats him name like dieter zietch or somthing like that

dvmcmrhp52
07-14-2006, 11:04 PM
I believe Benz would have that classification not Dodge.

DodgeTruckMan731
07-15-2006, 12:10 AM
umm i thinking more Daimler Chrysler, or did Mercedes buy chrysler?:confused:

procut
07-15-2006, 12:12 AM
I believe Benz would have that classification not Dodge.
probably. I believe Diamler Benz owns Freightliner, thats more than likely where this 'commercial vehicle' claim comes from.

DodgeTruckMan731
07-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Freightliner is Daimler Chrysler, http://www.freightliner.com/ look in the top left corner. very surprising.

6'7 330
07-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Daimler Benz, now Daimler Chrysler effectively took control of Chrysler after the so called merger of equals. Dodge is a one of Daimler Chrysler's brands. Chrysler is a German company now.

RedWingsDet
07-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Mercades bought most of Chryslers shares a few years ago, hence Diamler Chrysler. Dieter is the owner of Diamler Chrysler. They own several other car companies. And when people usually say the Big Three, they mean the 3 american car companies (ford, gm, chrysler), however like what bill said, what most people dont realize is that Chrysler isnt american anymore

DodgeTruckMan731
07-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Mercades bought most of Chryslers shares a few years ago, hence Diamler Chrysler. Dieter is the owner of Diamler Chrysler. They own several other car companies. And when people usually say the Big Three, they mean the 3 american car companies (ford, gm, chrysler), however like what bill said, what most people dont realize is that Chrysler isnt american anymore

Yeah, and didn't Toyota have the 3rd spot for awhile?

6'7 330
07-16-2006, 01:04 AM
Toyota overtook Ford in 04 to become the world's number two automaker. In our domestic market of North America, Toyota is fourth, fast moving toward ousting Chrysler from the number three position. Most likely in 06 or 07, Toyota will surpasses General Motors as the world largest automaker. And in the next 4 or 5 years, will probably surpass Gm as the largest automaker in the North American market.One, maybe both of the last two American owned traditional automaker's, will more likely then not go broke,or be absorbed by a foreign automaker.

DodgeTruckMan731
07-16-2006, 12:50 PM
eh, i don't like the sound of that, our economy is so messed up.

6'7 330
07-16-2006, 12:59 PM

I here ya, my father and 4 brothers between them put in over 150 years as Gm Uaw workers.My three living brothers draw pensions, my four year old twin nieces draw survivors benefits.The future is not Rosy looking at all, and retirees will be the first to taste the bitter medicine, from getting rammed up the ass.

dvmcmrhp52
07-17-2006, 10:14 AM

The economy isn't the problem, it's POOR management and greed on the part of management and the unions that is putting them down.

Sorry, but if you can't turn a profit with the billions of dollars that the auto makers are taking in then it's their own damn fault.