PDA

View Full Version : shorty dump inserts

FIREMAN Q
07-14-2006, 11:40 PM
I have a 05 f250. i am looking into the possibility of getting a dump insert for it. I forgot to mention that it is a short bed. I have a few uses that would make my life a little easier.

My question is, does anyone else run one with a short bed. what size loads can you get into the back of it.

Ron's Lawncare
07-15-2006, 05:07 AM
i have one in my 2000 chevy 2500. it's great i do wish it was a long bed but with side boards i can haul 3 yards of mulch. my truck weighs 6900 lbs with the insert and the gvw is 8600 lbs so one yard of loam is the max.

Ron

LawnScapers of Dayton
07-15-2006, 08:00 AM
If you are not going to use it alot have you considered a Loadhandler. I just got one for my Dodge SB and I have used it to unload 3000lbs. of top soil and could easily do 3-4 yards of mulch with side boards. It was $136 on ebay...

great tool for periodic use....

D

FIREMAN Q
07-17-2006, 11:15 PM
I think the load handler may be my first option. Save a little money anyway.

Ron's...whats the height of your side boards. I was hoping to be able to get 4 yards in the back.

Has any of one got a lift on the bed itself??? I have head mixed things about making the bed into a dump.

tthomass
07-17-2006, 11:29 PM
i'll be first................how about a dump trailer?

tthomass
07-17-2006, 11:31 PM
and Loadhandler's..........what about material getting under the cloth? seems that would be an issue

notoriousDUG
07-18-2006, 10:16 AM
why not get a conversion to dump the p/u bed?

Such as this (http://www.loadhog.com/)

I have also seen guys use old dump bed gear to make their own dump bed.

FIREMAN Q
07-19-2006, 07:56 PM
a dump trailer costs to much money right now. I already have 2 trailers and don't have room for a 3rd.

I am leaning towards converting the bed into a dump. For those who have done this or seen it, what about the gas tank. It must have to be disconnected from the bed. Do you have to lift the bed everytime you need to fill up???

tthomass
07-19-2006, 11:13 PM
hydraulic bed lifts raise the bed a couple inches and you're bed lines won't line up anymore..........there is one that is an air bag.........load hog or some referrence to a pig anyway.........it was like $2k

Ron's Lawncare
07-21-2006, 08:46 AM
I think the load handler may be my first option. Save a little money anyway.

Ron's...whats the height of your side boards. I was hoping to be able to get 4 yards in the back.

Has any of one got a lift on the bed itself??? I have head mixed things about making the bed into a dump.

they are 2 2x8's high (about 15'') the side boards arn't the problem it's the tailgate. dot and the local pd are sticklers about tarping the loads around here. plus with 4 yards you would be way over weight. the bed will easly dump it though.

Ron