PDA

View Full Version : 2007 dodge headvy duty?

Bigred350
07-15-2006, 02:01 PM
HAs anyone heard about these trucks. Dodge just came out with there first cab and chassie truck. Does anyone have one or know anything about it before I go about buying one. I will be putting a 12 ft dump on it used for landscaping...hauling mulch plants gravel. pulling a cat skid steer.

Any opinions let me know.

J&R Landscaping
07-15-2006, 10:04 PM
I would NOT buy one of anything the first year it comes out. Just look at the 6.0 powerstrokes when they first came out. Enough said.

I'm not dissing dodge at all, because I am interested in them as well. I will be test driving a few of them but I won't own one till the bugs are worked out! JMO

RedWingsDet
07-15-2006, 10:32 PM
I would get them, dodge chassis cabs have been around in other countries and are fine, I dont see why they'd be any different here.

Mike33
07-15-2006, 11:01 PM
I would have to agree with jr posts. I have a 03 ford with 6.0 and had all kind of trouble. 2 weeks ago went another injector went a new maechanic at the dealership explained that in 03 the first year out the turbo was the wrong size and the injectors was not machined right. This will always stick with me , let something out for a while to work out the bugs. Also im not knocking dodge but they have had some real issues with frames and front end problems. I guess this is why you never see a dodge tow truck.
Mike

Gravel Rat
07-15-2006, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't buy the the first model year Dodge cab and chassis either wait atleast a year. You have to remember Dodge engineers are not used to building a truck that is meant to work. I have serious doubts they are going to beable to have a truck that is going to compete with Ford and Chev in the 1.5 ton market. If Freightliner engineers design the chassis for the truck I can see it but if Dodge is designing the chassis forget it.

dvmcmrhp52
07-17-2006, 11:19 AM
I wouldn't buy the the first model year Dodge cab and chassis either wait atleast a year. You have to remember Dodge engineers are not used to building a truck that is meant to work. I have serious doubts they are going to beable to have a truck that is going to compete with Ford and Chev in the 1.5 ton market. If Freightliner engineers design the chassis for the truck I can see it but if Dodge is designing the chassis forget it.

Dodge is owned by mercedes benz. Mercedes probably has more experience in the heavy truck market than chevy and ford combined.

mag360
07-17-2006, 01:03 PM

Chassis is shared with freightliner and sterling. I'm not too worried about quality

Budget
07-17-2006, 01:11 PM
You can have your Ford, or Chevy, owned them both and Dodge, is only one that never let me down. Few friends of mine work for Ford dealers and said they will never buy a Ford truck again. How many Cummins have been converted to a Powerstroke? You know what they say, I rather be Cummin then Stroken....

Every one loves there own and they all have problems, they are biult by humans...