PDA

View Full Version : My Rig

LawnInOrder
07-15-2006, 06:02 PM
ok well i fianlly took sum pictures of my "rig" i am talking about. remember i am still 16 and can't legally drive. Here is most of the equpiment i got.

LawnInOrder
07-15-2006, 06:04 PM
here is the "rig" which is a yamaha G2 golf cart frame that i weled the frame up and put a 18 hp kawi v-twin liquid cooled engine with a fuel pump.

LawnInOrder
07-15-2006, 06:06 PM
the golf cart and trail empty. The trailer is a utility cart fram and then i welded a 4X6 foot frame 3 years ago. and a holder for a 5 lbs spool of line.

THEGOLDPRO
07-15-2006, 06:10 PM
LOL are you serious????? thats the funniest thing i have ever seen, lol d0od mad probs for trying. also do you actually plow with the golfcart thing??? lol

koster_irrigation
07-15-2006, 06:16 PM
thats one of the coolest custom builts ive seen in a while, other than some bar stool racing stuff.... wow, your on the right track..

LawnInOrder
07-15-2006, 06:31 PM
LOL are you serious????? thats the funniest thing i have ever seen, lol d0od mad probs for trying. also do you actually plow with the golfcart thing??? lol

thanks. yea i do plow with that. I used to pull my stuff around and plow with with a 2003 Lt 1000 craftsman that i bought new. I built this rig because the lawn tractor was just tooooo damn slow. This goes 24mph gunning it. I usually do about 17-20 with a lighter load. I used to plow with the lawn tractor until i built this. I now have a friend that plows with me in the winter. one guy on the lawn tractor and one on the golf cart. I can plow 8" good/ fast anything more than that i go out and plow multiple times. I also have a sander i built for the golf kart. It has an electric motor. Thanks for looking LawnInOrder.

J&R Landscaping
07-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Thats awsome looking!

Joe65
07-15-2006, 09:01 PM
If I were a customer, I'd hire u just for your ambition, and than I'd refer u to all my friends!

DodgeTruckMan731
07-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Wow i wish i had that when i was walking to my accounts a few years ago, my grandpa started driving me this season, and July 31st i don't have to worry about that anymore cause I'm getting my license!!!

Lynch Landscaping
07-15-2006, 10:26 PM
That is the coolest thing I have ever seen! I wish I had something.

DBL
07-15-2006, 10:37 PM
yes thats the best rig ive ever seen it looks like something from caddyshack but is that a plow on the front

dcondon
07-15-2006, 10:43 PM
I have to admire you Kid..... You have your head on strait and are going to do good in life. THANKS for the pic's:usflag:

Lawnworks
07-15-2006, 10:53 PM
I bet you get some good gas mileage w/ that thing! Looks like your rockin out w/ your c0ck out!

LawnInOrder
07-15-2006, 10:59 PM
Wow i wish i had that when i was walking to my accounts a few years ago, my grandpa started driving me this season, and July 31st i don't have to worry about that anymore cause I'm getting my license!!!

same with me.... i get my license the 24 of july but this has been my rig for the past 2 years.

Yea i get good gas mileage. Fill it up once a month. I drive all over the place with that thing.
Thanks guys for all the relpys LawnInOrder

twj721
07-15-2006, 11:01 PM
hey ! you are sure saving gas money for sure great head on your shoulder you actualy are using it way to go keep up the great work that you have started Proud to see that all kids do not thing that all there is in life is nintendo or a computer and that they do not know what work is

LawnInOrder
07-15-2006, 11:04 PM
That is the coolest thing I have ever seen! I wish I had something.

I wish i had your toro 32". I had a exmark viking 36" hydro and hated it so i sold it. Now i am cutting my lawns with my self lawnboy. I can't wait till i find a belt driven for a good price. LawnInOrder

zim bob the landscaper
07-15-2006, 11:28 PM
thats a cool set up. also gotta be fun just driving it around.

jd-dave
07-15-2006, 11:54 PM
yeah like everone else said. that thing is awsome. I cant drive yet eather and Im looking into getting into this lawn care biss. I need to get me something like that too

BSDeality
07-15-2006, 11:55 PM
that thing looks like its straight out of Mad-Maxx! awesome effort. I think you could give brushhogboy a run for his money in a fabrication face-off.

Up North
07-16-2006, 12:40 AM
LOL! We need to have more kids like you vs. the ones that want to hang out at the mall or play nintendo all day. Don't ever sell that rig...you need to keep it so 10-15 years from now you can walk to the back of your shop and pull it out and show your employees how you started out. That should win you some immediate respect.

Keep up the the creativity and drive you have, it'll take you places.

Buck

S man
07-16-2006, 12:52 AM
Looking good! I still have a yellow yardcart that fits my mower trimmer blower and ice chest. Gotta do something to get to the job and that's looks like the way to do it. Keep up the good work!

VnDrWLawnCare
07-16-2006, 01:09 AM
Hey neat setup.. Not everyday you see something along those lines.. You will have to post some pics of you pushing some snow. I am sure it is an eye catcher.
Good luck

Eric

RedWolf
07-16-2006, 01:24 AM
That thing is wild.You did a great job kid.keep up the good work.Do the cops mess with you driving it on the road?

JCP Crafts
07-16-2006, 04:18 AM
Too Cooollllll !!!! A one man mowing Rig for sure !!! Like someone else mentioned don't ever let it go,keep it.Good luck with your endevors ! Nice equipment as well.

Mrk'sLawn
07-16-2006, 06:05 AM
I really like that a lot! Very nice. It just goes to show that when there is a will there is a way. If you want something bad enough you'll stop at nothing to get it. Bravo..:weightlifter:

ProStreetCamaro
07-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Thats a very nice st up you have their! I do have to ask 2 things. Your 16 so why are you not legal to drive yet? Also did you know its against the law to drive that thing on the street? Here in MD you get your license at 16 and the cops would ticket you and impound that thing if you drove it on the street.

jazak
07-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Thats a very nice st up you have their! I do have to ask 2 things. Your 16 so why are you not legal to drive yet? Also did you know its against the law to drive that thing on the street? Here in MD you get your license at 16 and the cops would ticket you and impound that thing if you drove it on the street.

Same here. I think its stupid my friends get their bikes and quads impouded all the time. My dad is friends with some of the cops so if the guy on duty knew us he would give us a warning but all the other times the bikes would get taken. So now we don't ride them anymore around here we have to go up north or to PA.

Oh BTW neat setup.

DoetschOutdoor
07-16-2006, 09:20 PM
sweeeeeeeet

mike lane lawn care
07-16-2006, 10:00 PM
wow, that is a cool rig, once you can drive, there'll be no stopping you! it really is a great innovation you have. one thing that i might sudjest, is that you paint the metal fram a green or black, that way it doesn't have that rust color. but other than that, good job, i'm 16 too, i use a jeep and trailer, but if i lived in a sub division, that's what i would have done with a JD gator CS. you're on the road to success, no doubt about it.

justanotherlawnguy
07-18-2006, 06:48 PM
I think I saw that in an episode of Sanford and Son....LOL

SSS 18734
07-18-2006, 07:30 PM
LOL! That's awesome.

LawnInOrder
07-19-2006, 03:27 AM

Thanks for all the replies. I just got in from upstate. In NY you can legally drive at 17. You get your permit when your 16. I am actually taking my road test in like 5 days. Also my dad is internal affairs in the police department so I don't get bothered. Almost all the cops don;t care because 1. I live in a small town(1 square Mile) 2. I use it for work purposes only. I was gunna paint it black i just didn;t have the time yet to do it. Thanks for the replies. LawnInOrder

JCP Crafts
07-19-2006, 07:21 AM
We want to see it with new paint.:clapping: :dancing: :walking: :cool2: :usflag:

Sandgropher
07-19-2006, 08:29 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ROTFL.

Where theres a will theys are way.:weightlifter:

You wouldnt be able to drive that around here i do not think, but it looks like it does the job and nobody has to drive you.

Keep up the good work and all the best in the future. :clapping: :usflag:

stuffdeer
07-19-2006, 09:21 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I just got in from upstate. In NY you can legally drive at 17. You get your permit when your 16. I am actually taking my road test in like 5 days. Also my dad is internal affairs in the police department so I don't get bothered. Almost all the cops don;t care because 1. I live in a small town(1 square Mile) 2. I use it for work purposes only. I was gunna paint it black i just didn;t have the time yet to do it. Thanks for the replies. LawnInOrder

Yea, When a lot of cops only see you using it for work, they usually don't bother you. Same here!

I love it, may I ask, Where did the motor come from?

mikes landscaping
07-19-2006, 09:45 AM
hey thats pretty cool. im 15 and tow a custom trailer with my bike. around here the cops wouldnt stop busting my balls if i did somthing like that. I was wondering how many acconts you have? We ride to all our accounts and we have 18, lol.

martinfan06
07-19-2006, 09:59 AM
LOL! We need to have more kids like you vs. the ones that want to hang out at the mall or play nintendo all day. Don't ever sell that rig...you need to keep it so 10-15 years from now you can walk to the back of your shop and pull it out and show your employees how you started out. That should win you some immediate respect.

Buck

awesome reply I couldnt agree more, great job kid keep that drive and attitude and youll go far.

LawnInOrder
07-19-2006, 11:17 AM
Yea, When a lot of cops only see you using it for work, they usually don't bother you. Same here!

I love it, may I ask, Where did the motor come from?

I don't really now what the engine came from. But i went to my dealer one day and he happened to have it on the shelf from like a couple of years back and sold it to me for like $125. I thought it was a good deal. Now i got 20 accounts because I bought the 5 accounts for $200. I am also getting a 36" exmark becasue i can't be mowing them with a self lawnboy. Thanks for the replies. LawnInOrder

poolboy
07-19-2006, 03:00 PM
Where do I buy stock in your future success? Son, I would hire you a second. Itís obvious that you are a hard worker and will let nothing keep you from making a buck. I do have one question, what size is the gas tank for your rig? Good luck!

cessnasovereign
07-19-2006, 11:47 PM

Internal affairs? You'd think the cops WOULD be after you for that! :laugh:

But seriously, nice rig man, if my lawns were all close together, I'd happily ride that!!

Audrey
07-20-2006, 12:05 AM

Buck

DITTO! :clapping:

I love the initiative and the ambition to make it work. I would also hire you in a second. You made do with what you had, and made a go of it.

I'd be DAMN proud if I was your dad. :)

Just a thought: How many out there would have killed for this rig when their license was suspended for DUI, or other reasons?

Keep up the good work LawnInOrder! :waving:

A

Uranus
07-20-2006, 12:17 AM
I'm printing out the pic of your whole rig and am going to put it in my TRUCK and show all my landscaper friends. Should get a lot of chuckles. But seriously keep on making money my friend.

Joe65
07-20-2006, 12:47 AM
don't ever sell that thing man, keep it so that when you hit it big, and sounds like you have the guts to do what it takes, you can keep it show your kids oneday!

Joe65
07-20-2006, 12:49 AM
I also wanted to add that this has been the greatest thread to read all the props your getting from everyone, so many kids nowadays think the world owe them, you seem to want to go out and grab it by the balls.....i'd also be damn proud if I was your Dad!!!

LawnInOrder
07-20-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm printing out the pic of your whole rig and am going to put it in my TRUCK and show all my landscaper friends. Should get a lot of chuckles. But seriously keep on making money my friend.

let me know what they think..

Thanks guys. I won't sell it. Maybe give it to my kids one day and let them foul around with it landscaping. My dad is proud of me and it takes alot to impress him mechincal becasue he has been a master mechanic for over 35 year and went to school for weld/fab/ and anythign to dow ith cars. BTW he tuned it up yesterday and it pulls much nicer. Does anyone know what type of oil i should use for the trans on teh golf cart? Thanks again for the support. LawnInOrder

JCP Crafts
07-21-2006, 07:33 PM
L.I.O., i got to thinking about you getting your license soon and all that.I was also thinking how much cheaper your rig is to run versus a truck...
I imagine your area is pretty tight,and not all across town .If that is the case you may want to consider to keep using it for awhile.
i would just tweak what you have there already,perhaps spend a day and disassemble your rig taking the racks and stuff off.Cover your wheels and tape and paper off any areas that you do not want to get paint on and give it nice coat of paint.Add some kind of panels to the sides,paint them,add your name and phone number,make it look more like a finished machine and keep rolling.
You have what I would bet is the most fuel efficent rig on this site that has been pictured in a while.I am betting that your equipment is payed for and you are truly making money at this point.Keep it that way !
There will come a time that you will need to get "bigger and better" but I don't think you have reached your limit with what you have there.
You have a good head on your shoulder,keep things simple and save your money.Concentrate on school and continue to give the best quality of work for your customers that you can.Let your lawn service continue to grow slowly,you have a full life ahead of you to get bigger if that is what you choose to do.
You are way ahead of most people in business already,you may not relize this.Your overhead and expences are vey low,keep it that way.
If you decided to stop cutting grass tomorrow you could because everything is bought and paid for. A lot of people with the new and shiny equipment do not have this option because they still owe on their items.
Work with what you got and continue to upgrade to the commercial items as the old stuff wears out.You really do have it going on at this point.Keep it simple,keep it paid for,and you will have far fewer headaches than most.Save the money for the future and rainy days and you will continue to have fun at what you are doing.Plus you will not be desperate to do a job underpriced, just to survive or pay for equipment.
You really do have the "bull by the horns" at this point.You are in charge of your destiny and you get to call the shots.
I wrote you this lil book cause I wanted you to hear it from someone other than your parents.You are doing great and I know we live in a "bling,bling" world.You have achieved way more than "bling" you have achieved the American Dream.
Keep up the hard work,continue to get your education,and keep enjoying life to the fullest! I wish you continued success and happiness with what you are doing.Great Job ! Respectfully,Jim

JCP Crafts
07-21-2006, 07:50 PM
By the way, I am sure you could get a bigger cart or fab yours if you need more room.
Also do a search on the web for the make and model of your cart,engine,and or transmission for the answer to the oil question.I am also betting that someplace on the net their is a golf cart forum that may help you even further.

Idealtim
07-21-2006, 10:52 PM
You gotta get some sides on that cart and a 36 wb. Around my area you can get one used for under $700. I like the golfcart for the idea of plowing. I would rip the plow off though because I tend to go, well, a little fast.

LawnInOrder
07-22-2006, 01:42 PM
L.I.O., i got to thinking about you getting your license soon and all that.I was also thinking how much cheaper your rig is to run versus a truck...
I imagine your area is pretty tight,and not all across town .If that is the case you may want to consider to keep using it for awhile.
i would just tweak what you have there already,perhaps spend a day and disassemble your rig taking the racks and stuff off.Cover your wheels and tape and paper off any areas that you do not want to get paint on and give it nice coat of paint.Add some kind of panels to the sides,paint them,add your name and phone number,make it look more like a finished machine and keep rolling.
You have what I would bet is the most fuel efficent rig on this site that has been pictured in a while.I am betting that your equipment is payed for and you are truly making money at this point.Keep it that way !
There will come a time that you will need to get "bigger and better" but I don't think you have reached your limit with what you have there.
You have a good head on your shoulder,keep things simple and save your money.Concentrate on school and continue to give the best quality of work for your customers that you can.Let your lawn service continue to grow slowly,you have a full life ahead of you to get bigger if that is what you choose to do.
You are way ahead of most people in business already,you may not relize this.Your overhead and expences are vey low,keep it that way.
If you decided to stop cutting grass tomorrow you could because everything is bought and paid for. A lot of people with the new and shiny equipment do not have this option because they still owe on their items.
Work with what you got and continue to upgrade to the commercial items as the old stuff wears out.You really do have it going on at this point.Keep it simple,keep it paid for,and you will have far fewer headaches than most.Save the money for the future and rainy days and you will continue to have fun at what you are doing.Plus you will not be desperate to do a job underpriced, just to survive or pay for equipment.
You really do have the "bull by the horns" at this point.You are in charge of your destiny and you get to call the shots.
I wrote you this lil book cause I wanted you to hear it from someone other than your parents.You are doing great and I know we live in a "bling,bling" world.You have achieved way more than "bling" you have achieved the American Dream.
Keep up the hard work,continue to get your education,and keep enjoying life to the fullest! I wish you continued success and happiness with what you are doing.Great Job ! Respectfully,Jim

Thanks for the "lil book" but in my eyes i see it as a big one. All the points made were good ideas and thanks for the kind words. Schooling is one of the most important things to me. I don't know if i am gunna go for landscaping courses or something else.Either way i am gunna keep the business.Thanks again

I did have a 36wb exmark viking, but i sold it becasue i hated trhe hydro. I am gunna buy a emxark metro 36". Thanks again for all who replied. LawnInOrder

South Florida Lawns
07-24-2006, 05:13 PM
At first glance I was like the the heck is all that.

Then after closer inspection I was like wow thats pretty damn neat and creative.

Talk about improvising, way to go.

bigjeeping
07-24-2006, 06:22 PM
wooooooooooooow. Think if you had a whole fleet of those.

Pietro
07-24-2006, 07:22 PM
youre on the right track. You are doing well it seems, once you get a truck youll be set. Kudos to you my friend.

LawnInOrder
07-28-2006, 09:00 AM
wooooooooooooow. Think if you had a whole fleet of those.

LOL i was thinkign about starting a second crew with my 2002 craftsman ride on LT-1000.

Here re the pictures of the gas tank and another shot the of engine since ppl wanted to see it. LawnInOrder

grass_cuttin_fool
07-28-2006, 02:28 PM
I didnt read the entire post , someone may have allready said this, but it seems we have another Eric aka frankenscag on our hands here

wayne

Jeds_Lawn_Care
07-28-2006, 02:40 PM
That is awsome. I'm 15 and gotta Hardship Licensce, but still that is the coolest thing I have ever seen. How much would you sell it for?

sweatyclippingcoveredguy
07-28-2006, 03:31 PM
wow man you have ambition. I'd laugh my ass of if I see a grown man driving that thing around, but for a teenager that's great! That can't be road legal though? How fast does it go?

DUSTYCEDAR
07-28-2006, 03:49 PM
nice work on your ride mad maxx
way to get r done

LawnInOrder
07-28-2006, 04:59 PM
I didnt read the entire post , someone may have allready said this, but it seems we have another Eric aka frankenscag on our hands here

wayne

Nah no one has. Is that a good thing i haven;t been here long enough to know if it good or bad. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder
07-28-2006, 05:02 PM
wow man you have ambition. I'd laugh my ass of if I see a grown man driving that thing around, but for a teenager that's great! That can't be road legal though? How fast does it go?

pretty far from street legal, but it has brake lights, headlights, roll cage. It tops out at like 24 mph gunning the thing. i travel around 17 miles/hour with the trailer. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder
07-28-2006, 05:04 PM
That is awsome. I'm 15 and gotta Hardship Licensce, but still that is the coolest thing I have ever seen. How much would you sell it for?

lol make me an offer i can't refuse. Reme,ber this is a one of a kind item.

Just kidding i wouldn;t sell it, but how much would you guys pay for one of these if u had the chnace to buy one when you gusy where younger?.

crawdad
07-29-2006, 06:42 AM
That thing is hilarious.
When you finally get a truck, you'll have to break the habit of driving down the sidewalk!

nobagger
07-29-2006, 07:47 AM
"A" for effort and ambition, but then we all wonder why some people look at us as a whole as a non-professional. How do you get away with driving that thing around. Sorry man but that looks like an accident waiting to happen. Hopefully you don't run over the Jone's little Johnny while driving 17-24mph.

grass_cuttin_fool
07-29-2006, 07:58 AM
Nah no one has. Is that a good thing i haven;t been here long enough to know if it good or bad. LawnInOrder

Yeah thats a good thing, Eric was a young guy that had the talent to make things, engineer and modify equipment to meet his needs, he is well respected and thought of on the site. He recently scaled back his lawn service to pursue other intrest, he just graduated high school also (actually in 2005). Do a search for frankenscagmachines and check out some of his post

wayne

crawdad
07-29-2006, 08:13 AM
"A" for effort and ambition, but then we all wonder why some people look at us as a whole as a non-professional. How do you get away with driving that thing around.

His dad's a cop. Internal Affairs.

qualitylawncarefresno
07-29-2006, 08:27 AM
:cool2: :cool2: :clapping: :clapping: :usflag: :usflag:
cool ride!!

LawnInOrder
07-30-2006, 04:07 PM
That thing is hilarious.
When you finally get a truck, you'll have to break the habit of driving down the sidewalk!
nah i won;t lol. I drive on the streets like you big guys do. I got my lisence last week i am now looking for a truck.

"A" for effort and ambition, but then we all wonder why some people look at us as a whole as a non-professional. Am i really that unprofessional? Some people would say that but how did you start? But it really doens't matter how u started, as long as u take PRIDE in ur work and when you leave a house you can honestly say you did the best you could and if it was ur house you would be satisfied. That is how i do things. Just becasue i drive a golf cart it makes the industry have a bad name think again. LawnInOrder

Jeds_Lawn_Care
07-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Are you ever gonna get spinners on it?

mikes landscaping
07-31-2006, 12:18 PM
hey lawninorder thats a nice ride Iwish around here the cops would let me and my partner drive that to our jobs. we built a custom trailer that we have to tow behind our bikes with our equipment on. ill try to post some pics of it, we just built a custom trimmer trap. when i get a chance ill post some pics of "my rig".:)

zero_turn_freak
07-31-2006, 02:12 PM
lol that is sweet, im kinda like you i put all my stuff in a trailer and drive it job to job cept instaed of a golf cart i pull my trialer with my pos ZTR

theminigardener7
02-08-2009, 02:05 PM
You might want to think about putting a guard on that edger if you still have it. You could get something stuck into you

nnj18
02-08-2009, 02:48 PM
bro this thread is like 3 years old!!! :hammerhead:

South Florida Lawns
02-08-2009, 03:15 PM
the kid doesn't even use this setup any more! He drives a dodge now and this thread is so old, just save us and pm the guy if you have comments questions or suggestions.

nnj18
02-08-2009, 03:19 PM
lol yah no kidding....I'd like to see this new kids setup, from his signature it seems like hes doing VERY well for himself at a young age....

Kennedy Landscaping
02-08-2009, 05:58 PM
I haven't seen this thread yet. That thing looks goofy as hell but appears to do the job just fine. I would like to see some updated shots of his new rig.

MC Handy Man
02-08-2009, 06:17 PM
haha man have you ever got pulled over for that thing?

here in mn i know for a fact if you were diving that on even the residential streets they would light you up!

4.3mudder
02-08-2009, 07:21 PM
That is awesome!!! Something I have never seen before, very very creative. Hey, we all have to start somewhere. Great setup man, good luck in everything. Going green with a fuel effecient machine!!!

Lakewlc
02-08-2009, 08:33 PM
things cool lookin

TXNSLighting
02-08-2009, 08:41 PM
You might want to think about putting a guard on that edger if you still have it. You could get something stuck into you

:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

3 year old thread!!!:hammerhead::hammerhead:

Lucky Star Lawn Care
02-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Dude thats awesome....you are working with what you have around and building it yourself. Dress that golf cart up some for some better looks and throw your number on it. This will be a great look at how I started pic right next to your here I am now huge fleet. Best of luck to you

TomberLawn
02-08-2009, 11:27 PM
That's awesome! Thanks to whoever revived an old thread.