PDA

View Full Version : Echo PB-200

Splicer
07-15-2006, 11:05 PM
I just found oneof these at a thrift store so I figured what the heck but it doesnt run...:confused:

Fires with carb cleaner but not with fuel in the tank...my question is this: the fuel tank is under the carb rather than above like every other 2 cycle motor I have ever seen...How in the hell does fuel travel UP the fuel line to the carb with no fuel pump???:confused:

ed2hess
07-15-2006, 11:32 PM
That is a good question....I know that inside the carb there is a diaphram that has an aluminum nub that opens the gas valve but don't know what operates the diaphram. I guess the vacumn of the piston could pull fuel/air into the lower chamber. Then when the piston fires I guess it forces the fuel/air out of the bottom into the top and somehow it don't go out the exhaust port.

sheshovel
07-16-2006, 12:36 AM
Far as I know it sucks it up somehow. There should be a filter on the end of that gas line inside the tank. Pull it out and replace it. Also adjust your carb. You can download users manuals from the Echo website.
They also had a recall on those gaslines I believe in that modle..you may want to check that out.

dutch1
07-16-2006, 08:11 AM
I'll not try to give you the full story but suffice it to say that the diagphram in the carb acts as a pump. operating off of the changing pressure in the crankcase, to get fuel to the carb, then the carb acts as a metering device to control the amount of fuel going to the cylinder.

Go to http://www.oldengineshed.com/twocycthry.html, for a much better description. To prevent a vacuum developing in the fuel tank, as fuel leaves the tank, a reed valve is used in the gas cap or attached to a second line coming out of the tank ferrule.

Dutch

Splicer
07-19-2006, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the description!!!:drinkup:

Got it fixed last night...Apparently the spark plug itself was bad...Put another in and the blower fired up the first pull!!!:cool2: Not a bad blower for $20!!!:usflag:

LawnInOrder
07-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the description!!!:drinkup:

Got it fixed last night...Apparently the spark plug itself was bad...Put another in and the blower fired up the first pull!!!:cool2: Not a bad blower for $20!!!:usflag:

I have a pb-1000 which is the older verison of the pb-200 which runs great and has it purposes. i found an pb-200 in the garage and like i have been doing since i was like 7 i tried to get it run and took it apart and found that the cylinder was trashed.Noc ompression. so i was wondering if you had pb-200 for parts. i wanted to know if u had an extra cylinder for the pb-1000. Thans LawnInOrder

Splicer
07-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Sorry no parts...this blower is for my son...goes with the Lawn Boy I got for $20 also at the thrift shop that runs perfectly!!!