PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman 26 HP Briggs wont start...

Wildman
07-16-2006, 06:34 PM
Craftsman 26 horse Briggs 446777 Type 0244-E1

Was mowing great.. stopped for a drink then it would not refire. Checked.. no spark.. Is a hydro.. Check foot pedal switch its ok.. seat switch ok.. pto switch ok... cranks but no fire.. if I unhook the grounds on the coils it will run.. any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

newz7151
07-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Craftsman 26 horse Briggs 446777 Type 0244-E1

Was mowing great.. stopped for a drink then it would not refire. Checked.. no spark.. Is a hydro.. Check foot pedal switch its ok.. seat switch ok.. pto switch ok... cranks but no fire.. if I unhook the grounds on the coils it will run.. any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

Yeah, keep looking for a malufunctioning switch or a grounded out one somewhere. If you are removing the kill wires from the coils and it runs, then your problem is still mower based electrical. Some switch somewhere is not making.

Restrorob
07-16-2006, 10:17 PM
If all the other switches check good have you checked the ignition switch ?
I have seen them cause the problem you have.

FIXDISS
07-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Also look for a bad relay in the system . Usually it is a little black box about 1 inch or so square with a 4 wire connector on it .It opens when power is applied and goes to ground when coil goes bad or ignition is off. Craftsman loves these things and may have 2 of them but not sure w/out model #.

Wildman
07-18-2006, 03:31 PM
I originally went looking for a relay.. but after tracking all wires I found none. The strange thing is the tractor will run with one coil unhooked and run fine... I have all new defeat switches and a ignition switch ordered but I checked each switch and found each one went to ground like they should...

FIXDISS
07-18-2006, 05:28 PM
Please post the craftsman model #.Usually located under seat. Should start w/917.------. Can then locate wiring diagram for ya.

Wildman
07-18-2006, 06:09 PM
917.276081 is the model number..

Restrorob
07-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Hmmm http://www.gtr-game.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/eyepop.gif

Wildman
07-18-2006, 11:06 PM
I see that.. but in my owners manual they have a schematic and the relay is nowhere to be seen.. I have visually run every wire on the tractor wishing I could find this relay but it is not there... any idea's? I really want to thank you guys for helping me out on this..:)

FIXDISS
07-18-2006, 11:42 PM
I went to www3.sears.com and pulled up schematic and did not see it listed . However there were some parts not listed nor numberred there.I did notice the pto interlock switch . It looks like a pushbutton. try working it in and out a few times. I don't suppose you could have shut it down with pto engaged and forgot to turn it off ? Just double checking .

Restrorob
07-19-2006, 12:20 AM
Well, The whole harness file was too large to post on here so I loaded it here;

http://www.putfile.com/restrorob

Don't forget to click on the thumbnail to enlarge.