PDA

View Full Version : John Deere to Kawasaki part number

Georgeharry
07-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Does anyone know the Kawasaki part number for a John Deere f725 charging stator?The Deere number is M97399.It is a 590v engine.Someone told me that all of the John Deere Kawasaki 20 amp stators will interchange but the JD parts book lists them with different part numbers.The Kawasaki motorcycle dealer says he can order one for me if I get a Kawi part number.Thank you Georgeharry

Restrorob
07-16-2006, 11:34 PM
Well George, There are only seven FD590V engines listed. Three of which are self servicing OEM with no parts break-downs, That leaves three with part # 59031-2122 stator and one with part# 59031-2078 stator.
Which one will fit your engine ? Sorry but I havn't a clue, They are both 20amp stators so your guess is as good as mine.

Good Luck

Georgeharry
07-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Well George, There are only seven FD590V engines listed. Three of which are self servicing OEM with no parts break-downs, That leaves three with part # 59031-2122 stator and one with part# 59031-2078 stator.
Which one will fit your engine ? Sorry but I havn't a clue, They are both 20amp stators so your guess is as good as mine.

Good Luck
Well, Thank you Restrorob for that much information.I guess that I will have to wait for John Deere to backorder it.Back to the old drawing board.I keep saying that the next time I have problems with this charging system that I am going to install a Delco alt in the pulley and drivebelt system.but I don't know what that will do for my horsepower.Might give it a try thought.

Restrorob
07-17-2006, 12:17 AM
I keep saying that the next time I have problems with this charging system that I am going to install a Delco alt in the pulley and drivebelt system.but I don't know what that will do for my horsepower.Might give it a try thought.

Thats a good thought, But you would be going from a 20 amp system to a
60 plus amp system. I'm not sure but that could fry some costly electrical components, I have never heard of anyone trying this so be careful.

Georgeharry
07-17-2006, 01:32 AM
Thats a good thought, But you would be going from a 20 amp system to a
60 plus amp system. I'm not sure but that could fry some costly electrical components, I have never heard of anyone trying this so be careful.
Delco,I believe had a three wire back in the 70s that would go around 30 to 35 amps .I have put them on farm tractors.The part number was LSI or something close to that.It had a builtin regulator too.I'll let you know.Thanks again Georgeharry

fixer67
07-17-2006, 02:13 AM
I wonder when John Deere being self serving OEM is going to came back to bit them in the rear. I see a day when people stay away from John Deere just for this reason. I wonder how many people have already decided not to buy John Deere because of this?

Restrorob
07-17-2006, 07:48 AM
I wonder when John Deere being self serving OEM is going to came back to bit them in the rear. I see a day when people stay away from John Deere just for this reason. I wonder how many people have already decided not to buy John Deere because of this?

Deere must think like BMW, If you can afford to buy one you can afford to buy repair parts. :dizzy:

Jim@MilkyWay
07-17-2006, 11:09 AM
....I keep saying that the next time I have problems with this charging system that I am going to install a Delco alt in the pulley and drivebelt system.but I don't know what that will do for my horsepower.Might give it a try thought.
....Thats a good thought, But you would be going from a 20 amp system to a
The only thing this should do, is to charge your battery, like _right now_; _provided_ it is a modern alt. system which supplies nice, clean DC. I suppose a higher powered alternator, higher than OEM, could burn something, if you have a short somewhere in a circuit already.

newz7151
07-17-2006, 11:12 AM

It will never have a negative effect on them. There will always be a large number of first time buyers at Home Cheapo that know nothing about a mower. Let alone what "self servicing OEM" means. John Deere has started preying on the stupid and ignorant.

dutch1
07-17-2006, 09:58 PM
John Deere is a long time farm equipment and many people get sucked into the "GREEN IS BETTER" syndrome.

I recently was having some problems with a JD 445 with a 22 hp water cooled Kaw. Called Kaw tech to ask some questions and they refused to talk to me since they sold the rights to the engine to JD. Kaw told me to call JD. All JD consumer help was funneled back to the local dealers who denied that they had ever had a problem. Finally got hold of a Kaw distributor who gave some some helpful suggestions.

Am currently helping a friend out with a JD Gator with an electric start problem. He checked out the cost of a new started at JD--in excess of $425.
I found an independent starter/generator/alternator repair shop that had an after market starter for $130. Dealer cost is not much over $200.

The only good thing good about the GREEN is that you can hide them in the trees when they crap out.

Dutch

Restrorob
07-17-2006, 10:25 PM
The only good thing good about the GREEN is that you can hide them in the trees when they crap out.

Dutch

http://www.gtr-game.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif http://www.gtr-game.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif