PDA

View Full Version : Truck overheating problem

DoetschOutdoor
07-18-2006, 06:20 PM
A few weeks ago, on my last pass through the mud/water pit, my truck died and I had to be pulled out...well after it kept getting hot (never actually overheating) I replaced the thermostat, radiotor fluid cap, and filled up my coolant. I figured this would have fixed the problem but it is still running hott and I know it will overheat if I leave my AC running for a few minutes. Its a 2002 Zr2 S-10 with only 50,000 miles and I dont wanna do any damage to the motor with it running so hot...any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated
Ian

JTF40
07-18-2006, 06:38 PM
A few weeks ago, on my last pass through the mud/water pit, my truck died and I had to be pulled out...well after it kept getting hot (never actually overheating) I replaced the thermostat, radiotor fluid cap, and filled up my coolant. I figured this would have fixed the problem but it is still running hott and I know it will overheat if I leave my AC running for a few minutes. Its a 2002 Zr2 S-10 with only 50,000 miles and I dont wanna do any damage to the motor with it running so hot...any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated
Ian

Sounds to me the fan that cools the radiator is not engaging. You might have damaged a relay or plug playing in the pit.

DoetschOutdoor
07-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Are you talking about the clutch fan? Thats our next part to be replacing I guess...O and I replaced the mass air flow sensor also as that was throwing a code but that only took care of the code and not the problem

notoriousDUG
07-18-2006, 07:29 PM
Have you tried pressure washing the mud out of the radiator fins and A/C condensor?

You may have to remove the A/C condenser to get into it good enough.

Is the truck overheating on the highway only? Only sitting still? Does it get to anormal temp or close and then rapidly rise to overheating?

all ferris
07-18-2006, 09:15 PM
Have you tried pressure washing the mud out of the radiator fins and A/C condensor?

You may have to remove the A/C condenser to get into it good enough.

Is the truck overheating on the highway only? Only sitting still? Does it get to anormal temp or close and then rapidly rise to overheating?

Do this stuff. Sometimes dirt and debris will get caught between the condensor and radiator.

And don't use a pressure washer, you'll end up bending the fins up and the radiator won't flow air through it.

DoetschOutdoor
07-18-2006, 10:27 PM
Right after I got pulled out I sprayed the radiator out but I will give that another go. The truck just gets to where its about to overheat no matter if im sitting still or driving on the highway or in town. It stays a little cooler if I go windows and no AC but its too dam hot to be driving with the windows down
All ferris, what is your company? I see we are located next to each other

notoriousDUG
07-19-2006, 08:49 AM
Right after I got pulled out I sprayed the radiator out but I will give that another go. The truck just gets to where its about to overheat no matter if im sitting still or driving on the highway or in town. It stays a little cooler if I go windows and no AC but its too dam hot to be driving with the windows down
All ferris, what is your company? I see we are located next to each other

If it is overheatinf both stoped and on the highway it is not the fan clutch.