07-18-2006, 07:48 PM
My mulching kit is now installed:)
This is what it looked like out of the box

Daner
07-18-2006, 07:52 PM
This is what it looked like before i started

Daner
07-18-2006, 08:19 PM
This is how it looks when its done...It waas a good kit...all the holes lined up ...and it took me about 45 mins to install it
I like the way it dosent blow all the clippings in the beds ...also no more dust flying in my face.
It will take some time to get use to it ...I cant fly through the tall stuff like i could with the side discharge... or it leaves strips:nono: I don,t like that part.
I may also resharpen the blades ...they wernt to sharp from Kubota.

Audrey
07-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Nice post! :)

Jealous as all hell of that lift... I bet that made it almost fun to work on the mower.

A

K c m
07-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Thats very cool. By nomeans am I being a smart A$$ but doesn't that hinder production for some acreage accounts?

Bolton
07-18-2006, 09:58 PM
I think you should not sharp the blades. They look soft because the black paint is thick. Use it for 5 minutes and you'll see the razor blade hidden by the paint.:)

Daner
07-18-2006, 10:23 PM
Thats very cool. By nomeans am I being a smart A$$ but doesn't that hinder production for some acreage accounts?
Most of my stuff is by the hour rate...But yes it may slow me down a bit...I,m hoping bu sharpening the blades that will help.
But it sure cuts the grass up in to very small pieces.

Daner
07-18-2006, 10:29 PM
I think you should not sharp the blades. They look soft because the black paint is thick. Use it for 5 minutes and you'll see the razor blade hidden by the paint.:)i have now used this machine for 4 hrs and I had to run over some spots...Shes going back up on the hoist in the morning. I can,t understand why there would be a difference hmmmm this ones got me baffled.:confused:

dcondon
07-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Very nice looking kit. Take some pics after you mow some lawns.:waving:

Daner
07-18-2006, 10:47 PM

Jealous as all hell of that lift... I bet that made it almost fun to work on the mower.

AThis is why it only took me 45 mins to install this kit.

chopsticks33
07-18-2006, 11:26 PM
shop looks great! i am extremely jealous.

Bolton
07-19-2006, 09:29 AM
I noted that the mulching kit on ZD lay down grass. I had this kit on my ZDs and removed it. If the grass is short, it makes a very nice looking job, it helps striping.

Daner
07-19-2006, 09:34 AM
well I took the Mulching blades off this morning to take a look...and they seem to have a ridge on them...and they wernt sharp any where...not even the tips.
I know that some sharpen there blades with a land on them ...to stop them from chipping etc...But I like mine very sharp. I hope this will make it cut better. This Mulching on big mowers is all new to me...I read that your only supost to cut 1.5" off at a time...But it seemed like when i came across a tall weed ...say a foot high...It would just fold it over and would not cut it. Have any of you guys ran across this problem?? with mulching??...any tips would be greatly apreciated. I,m gone mowing to try the sharp blades ...I will let yaa all know if it fixed the problem.
Daner

LawnInOrder
07-19-2006, 12:22 PM

A

he took the word right out of my mouth. Nice looking mower. LawnInOrder

Daner
07-20-2006, 10:54 AM
It seems to cut better...but all in all ...I think I like the side discharge more.Mabey I,m forgetting what the kit is supost to do ...and thats Mulch...It chops up the grass real fine...But you have to go slow.
Like someone said before It will work great on a short lawn...But If the grass is a bit high ...The clippings scatter around like crazy
I will try to get use to It for a week...Or It will find a new home up on the ole self with the rest of my junk.
Daner

Tharrell
07-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Why not try some gators before you scrap it?

Daner
07-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Why not try some gators before you scrap it?
Are these Gator blades...Better than the blades that the Jap Eng. design?
So do you meen gators like a normal style of blade??...Or gator Mulchers?
heck ...I,m ready to put my old blades on and try them with the baffels in...who no,s....It seems like this whole blade/ deck tech...Is like alot of guess work...LOL ...but hey thanks for the tip...I may just try those Gators some day.

prostriper
07-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Are these Gator blades...Better than the blades that the Jap Eng. design?
So do you meen gators like a normal style of blade??...Or gator Mulchers?
heck ...I,m ready to put my old blades on and try them with the baffels in...who no,s....It seems like this whole blade/ deck tech...Is like alot of guess work...LOL ...but hey thanks for the tip...I may just try those Gators some day.

I'd most definitely try the gator mulchers. I have also read of people running a double blade when mulching. They claim that it allows them to mow faster. I can't remember off hand what posts it was but if I find them I will let you know.

Daner
07-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Kubota Is sending one of there best down here to my shop to seeIfthey can rectifie this problem.
They seemed very concered when I said the word "Emark"...LOL
I will let yaa know the out come of this.
Daner

Daner
07-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Kubota Is sending one of there best down here to my shop to seeIfthey can rectifie this problem.
They seemed very concered when I said the word "Emark"...LOL
I will let yaa know the out come of this.
Daner
Welll they sent there main man down here and he took the kit out...and put the old side discarge set up back in:) ...he new that they have there problems with them.