PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Wix filters here

Soupy
07-19-2006, 12:51 AM
http://www.fleetfilter.com/oilfilters.html Kohler Wix number 51348 is $2.79. They have unbelievable prices on all their filters. Here are just a few of the filters I used to buy from Filter 1 and the price difference.

EDIT: The prices didn't line up right. The prices behind each filetr is in this order. Fleetfinder, Filter1, and O'reillys.

Chevy 5.3L

Fleet.... Filter1.... O'reillys....
51522 Oil $3.39 $6.10 $6.29 + tax
42488 hvy duty air $8.50 $15.29 $21.49 + tax
24805 cabin air $9.85 $17.72 $19.95 + tax
33481 Fuel $6.73 $12.10 $13.49 + tax

Kohler 27hp (fleet doesn't have air filters for Kohler)

51348 Oil $2.79 $5.02 $5.29 + tax
33031 fuel (same as oem) $1.44 $3.45 $3.99 + tax

I could list for other truck and mowers plus wifes car but I think you get the jest of the cheap prices. Take a look for your wix number. I just ordered 23 filters which included the ones above and some others for $78.74. Shipping was $12.62. I think shipping starts around $8 but doesn't go up much after that. So for one filter go to O'reillys but for stock fleet is the place.

I do not have any affiliation with fleet. It's just a site I ran across for ordering Wix filters and wanted to pass the info to my fellow LCO's.

barnard
07-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the info. Just placed an order.

Soupy
07-19-2006, 04:48 PM
They don't list all their filters online so I might have spoken too soon when I said they don't carry the air filter for the Kohler. I just didn't see the number listed. You might try contacting them if you don't see your filter.

Soupy
07-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Customer service seems to be good too. I forgot to add 2 filters to my order and I emailed them immediately asking if they could add them to the order. I got a reply that they were added. I was impressed, because anyone who shops on knows most places will not alter an order once it has been placed.

This is my first time ordering, but this company gets good praise over at Bob the oil guy.

barnard
07-19-2006, 05:30 PM
You did notice on your order confirmation that these are NAPA gold, didn't you?makes me no difference as they are WIX filters sold under NAPA branding.I still appreciate the tip, and will make my filter purchases there.

Soupy
07-19-2006, 06:07 PM
You did notice on your order confirmation that these are NAPA gold, didn't you?makes me no difference as they are WIX filters sold under NAPA branding.I still appreciate the tip, and will make my filter purchases there.

Yes, I noticed that. They say WIX filters in Napa Gold boxes. I'm hoping the Filters say Wix, but either way, yes they are the same. I do prefer the look of the Wix labeled filter but for the price I can handle Napa Gold stamped on it :) I didn't have a price list for Napa but they are even higher then O'reilly. So for the guys that don't have O'reillys and shop wix at Napa then the prices are even better. I'm a sucker for good deals and stock up on just about anything I buy home or business.

As you can tell I'm just thrilled I found this site and hope everyone else can benefit from this find. After all I learned of my previous supplier (Filter1) on this forum. In this cut throat business of lawn care we need every edge we can to keep cost down.

Soupy
07-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Got my order and it is Napa gold inside Napa Gold boxes. Very fast shipping too.

grass_cuttin_fool
07-24-2006, 08:44 PM
I dont want to sound negative, but I looked up the price for the short kohler oil filter and it wasnt that cheap, matter as a fact my local Napa store was a nickel cheaper and no shipping.

wayne

Soupy
07-24-2006, 10:03 PM
I dont want to sound negative, but I looked up the price for the short kohler oil filter and it wasnt that cheap, matter as a fact my local Napa store was a nickel cheaper and no shipping.

wayne

How much is the short filter? Maybe if it is uncommon then they might be more. I emailed Kohler about which filter and they said it didn't matter which size as long as their is room for the long one. I paid over $6 last time I bought the larger Kohler filter at Napa and Fleet has it for $2.79 part #51348

Did you notice the price comparisons I made. They are extremely cheap compared to O'reillys which is actually cheaper then Napa. Especially on the truck filters like the air and fuel filter. My air filter cost $8.50 compared to $21.50. That one filter paid for shipping. The only Heavy duty air filter Napa list online is $45.99 (Mr Gasket brand). My truck oil filter was over $7 and I just paid $3.39 so it is probably just something uncommon about the Kohler short filter.

grass_cuttin_fool
07-24-2006, 10:30 PM
51056 51056 Oil Filter $5.19 12

But on the other hand, I dont recall the number, same as a delco pf52, was around $2.79 and that price is very good. there are some good deals there , just not the one I was really looking for

wayne

Soupy
07-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Wayne, Not that it's all that important, but I have some spare time and did some searching. What Filter # are you talking about. I looked for 51056 which is one of the short filters and it is a little higher at $5.29, but Napa online list it for $12.39 and O'reillys has it for $11.99. Is this the same filter?

EDIT: we posted at the same time. Did I understand you right and you are comparing a completely different brand?

grass_cuttin_fool
07-24-2006, 10:37 PM
No I was at my local NAPA store today and he priced the filter to me for $5.15 each if I purchased 12 at a time and it was the 51056 filter. the kohler # is 1205001. I should add also that the delco filter I use on 2 of my vechiles is a pf52, I cant remember the wix number . A few weeks ago I needed one and purchased it at Napa and it was over 5 bux. Fleetfilter has it for $2.79 i think. There are some good deals there. I hate that the parrts houses have 3-5 prices, give me the real price and not all the mumbo-jumbo about wholesale -retail- jobber all that stuff lol
wayne