PDA

View Full Version : Pelase Help ........

Lost Pine
07-20-2006, 04:05 PM
For my ownhome, in the Southern New Jersey area. What is a good rate per sqft for a Seal Coating job. It is a large one, 7,000sqft...?

LOSTPINE

SealAndCoat
07-21-2006, 12:57 AM
I don't what your market is like down there, but expect to pay between .10-12 cents a square foot for that sq. footage. Maybe upwards of .15-20. If it needs, two coats, expect an additiona .08-.10 cents for a second coat.

This does not include crack sealing.

so $700-$840 for one coat up to $1,050-$1,400 (high end).

but remember, cheaper is not always better.

Whatever company you hire, ask if you could see jobs they have done in the area. If they look too blue and thin, its probably water down.

And go with a good quality coal-tar sealer.

Check www.pavementpro.com I think they have some NJ contractors listed there.

I'll give you a good job for $1,000 (one coat, not including crack sealing) plus gas money to and from CT :P

Expect to pay upwords of $1.00 a foot for hot-pour crack sealing.

NPCA
08-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Unless your driveway really doesn't need sealing (has been sealed but isn't "pretty" anymore) do not even consider one coat.
Sealcoating should always be applied in 2 coats with a minimum of 2.5 lbs. sand per gallon and preferably with a minimum 2.5% latex rubber additive for your climate conditions.
(Unless it is a solvented sealer-typically Gilsonite based or often incorrectly called "oil based" not recommended and illegal to apply, transport, or posses in your state since 2005...although some still do.)