PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a used 1999 F-650 Dump Today

Fordsuvparts
07-20-2006, 10:14 PM
My brother and I just got back from New castle Indiana ( 11 hours of driving today) where we picked up a 1999 F-650 that had been rolled over. We got it for a steal of a deal it has the 5.9 Cummins with a 5 speed I think. It has just over 150 K on it and runs great, the damage looks bad but it will be a real easy fix the cab protector took the brunt of the rollvoer impact. The parts are cheap because the doors and cab are the same for any F-150, F-250, F-350 and up to the F800. I already have the cab and back panel cut and the doors and will have the windshield tommorow to line everything up with. It needs a few other things like a drive shaft and a wheel seal fixed and a few other minor repairs, but it will go to the diesel shop as soon as i get the new top welded on this weekend. The only large item is the hood is over 2 K new from Ford, and I have had trouble finding a good used one.

I also got a new tractor a couple of weeks ago it is a 2006 TT55 with a front end loader, 72" tiller, 72" bushhog, box blade, and an aerator. The front end
loader came setup to use my skid loader attachments.

Gravel Rat
07-21-2006, 12:44 AM
You just have to make sure the frame is okay and the engine is going to run.

You may think the cabs are the same and they do look the same but Ford prolly has changed alot of minor little things to fit a medium duty and you won't find out untill you get the new cab bolted on.

Smalltimer1
07-21-2006, 08:08 AM
If I'm not mistaken you can use a hood from as old as an '80 model, when that body style started. The cabs are the same as the regular pickups though, except for the interiors, the mediums of that body style typically have the 80-86 dashboard and interior. Very few have the 92-96 interior. A lot of the parts you can go all the way back to 1980 if necessary on the cab and chassis.

Fordsuvparts
07-21-2006, 09:07 PM
I picked up a roof cut and a nice set of doors for $400 first thing today, I had one of my employees strip off the old doors and start getting the interior out so that i can start cutting the old top off tommorow. I should have the new windshield in by tuesday at the latest. The hood is not easy to find used. I had to splice the new battery cables on and had to get 2 batteries, it runs like a top. Will have the drive shaft done on monday. I will post some pics of the progress this weekend.

notoriousDUG
07-22-2006, 10:06 AM
Those afre great trucks, tough as nails and will last forever.

Would like to see pics of the finished project...

Dirty Water
07-22-2006, 11:49 AM
Lets see pictures along the way of the repair. At the moment it looks like you bought a dump bed and a great engine with a free truck :laugh:

Fordsuvparts
07-25-2006, 09:52 PM
I made a lot of progress in the last few days, we got the new roof welded on the cab and the doors hung, new driveshafts installed and a few oil line fittings replaced. We alos picked up a good deal on a perfect hood. The windshield was delivered today and will be installed tommorow. I should be ready to paint by the end of the week. We got the drive shafts installed and took it for a spin around the block and it runs and sounds great with very little start up smoke. It has a 6-speed trans and a 5,9 cummins diesel. We had to replace the large pin that attaches the dump cylinder to the bed as well. We still don't have$7000 in the truck yet.