PDA

View Full Version : Fans in enclosed trailer

PLS-Tx
07-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Has anybody ever installed fans in their enclosed trailer?

tylermckee
07-22-2006, 01:58 PM
saw a framer i know had a fan on the roof vent blowing air out, kept it pretty cool. He also has a tv, dvd, mini fridge, and microwave. Although nothing is ran from the trucks power, he has a plug on the outside that he plugs in at the job site, it was originally just to power the big air compressor

ToroLandscaper
07-24-2006, 02:46 AM
couldnt you put a car like battery at the tongue of the trailer and rig something up that way...never seen it but it would be nice

Scag48
07-24-2006, 03:05 AM
All of the newer trucks have the 7 pin plugs, 1 of those pins is hot power straight from the truck battery. You could wire it from the trailer plug to the fan and as long as you're plugged into a truck, you've got power to the fan.

SamTheLawnMan
07-25-2006, 09:04 PM
I was told by my trailer dealer that it was a BAD idea to put an electric fan in my vent on top my enclosed trailer. He told me that it MAY cause the trailer to catch fire...Didn't ask to much more after he told me that.;)

PLS-Tx
07-25-2006, 11:56 PM
I was told by my trailer dealer that it was a BAD idea to put an electric fan in my vent on top my enclosed trailer. He told me that it MAY cause the trailer to catch fire...Didn't ask to much more after he told me that.;)

I not going to put them in the vent, I thinking about getting a couple of fans and mounting them to my shelves in the front of the trailer.

I was wondering what would be the best way to power them. I was thinking of wiring them into the 12 volt dome lights in the trailer. Then, if I wanted the fans on just flip on the light switch.

Would this work?

EMWEB
07-26-2006, 12:12 AM
Please be very careful with fans and lights in enclosed lawn trailers. The vapor created through the evaporation of "One Teaspoon" of gasoline could blow that trailer to tiny pieces . . .

Scag48
07-26-2006, 01:05 AM
I don't see how a fan would be any more dangerous than say, hot mufflers in an enclosed trailer with fumes.

tylermckee
07-26-2006, 03:26 AM
Maybe a fan designed for a marine application, made for blowing dangerous fuel fumes out of the engine room. look at the local marine supply store.

notoriousDUG
07-26-2006, 09:20 AM
I don't see how a fan would be any more dangerous than say, hot mufflers in an enclosed trailer with fumes.

a hot muffler is not going to ignite the fumes, that would take a spark or for the muffler to be RED hot.

SamTheLawnMan
07-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Maybe a fan designed for a marine application, made for blowing dangerous fuel fumes out of the engine room. look at the local marine supply store.

GREAT IDEA!!!!!(don't know why I didn't think of that):hammerhead:

Scag48
07-27-2006, 12:06 AM
a hot muffler is not going to ignite the fumes, that would take a spark or for the muffler to be RED hot.

You're right, I was merely thinking out loud :rolleyes:

ATL Lawn
09-21-2006, 05:44 PM
they make SOLAR power ventlation and lights

covalawn
09-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Wiring your fans to your lights will work....but why are you spending so much time in your trailer....why aren't you cutting??