PDA

View Full Version : Square Foot Price

jdsnowremoval
07-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Hey guys, Just kinda wondering what everyone else is getting per SQ Ft for installing walkways and bigger jobs, Kinda just wondering the price differance through out the country.

Im in CT and for our Walkways and smaller jobs out here For a completed job, (digging,base,pavers,ETC) I get 14-15 Sq Ft and For the larger jobs i get around 12-13 Sq ft.

Looking forward to seeing some other prices through out the area, Thanks guys!

richallseasons
07-23-2006, 06:40 PM
we go from $15.00 on up depending on the material and access, I dont discount my price right off the bat for large installs but I do negotiate within reason.Where in ct are you?What product line do you like to work with? We use Unilock mostly.:waving:

PerfiCut L&L
07-23-2006, 08:19 PM
same here, we get around 14-16 s/f based on materials. Same price small or large.

For walls we charge anywhere from 17-25 per s/f face + Plus caps.

Balt, MD.

jdsnowremoval
07-23-2006, 08:57 PM
we go from $15.00 on up depending on the material and access, I dont discount my price right off the bat for large installs but I do negotiate within reason.Where in ct are you?What product line do you like to work with? We use Unilock mostly.:waving:

Im from South Windsor, I prefer Bolduc it was one of the first pavers i ever used and i fell in love with it.

jdsnowremoval
07-23-2006, 08:58 PM
same here, we get around 14-16 s/f based on materials. Same price small or large.

For walls we charge anywhere from 17-25 per s/f face + Plus caps.

Balt, MD.

Yeah for the wall it definitly varies in price i get any where from 20-33 per SQ ft that includes the caps

DVS Hardscaper
07-24-2006, 08:39 AM
Walks / Paths usually average out to $20-$30 / sf.

Large patios usually average out to $15 / sf. Steps, walls, burial of down spouts and sump pump discharge lines, etc., will increase the price.

Small patios could average out to $20.

Walls? whole different ball game. Some of our walls average out to $22 / SF, and some are $60 / sf. So many different wall block materials to choose from, all having different prices. So many different walls, ranging from 10 linear feet to 200 linear feet.

Lets remember - NEVER EVER price a job by the Square Foot, A.K.A. - "unit pricing".

jdsnowremoval
07-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Wow $20-$30SQ Ft makes me feel like im getting screwed, thats a nice chunk of change!:)

richallseasons
07-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Wow $20-$30SQ Ft makes me feel like im getting screwed, thats a nice chunk of change!:)

you have to remember he is probably basing his price on tight lays and much cutting as you should keep in mind , also if you run a 45 herringbone you know that kind of thing.You always have to take all factors of the job into account and not every job is the same.

DVS Hardscaper
07-24-2006, 12:04 PM
JDSSnowremoval -

there is no way a contractor can charge the same average SF pprice for jobs small or large.

Physically yes, one can do it.

But the numbers will tell you differently.

When doing ANY job, one must account for drive time and equipment mobilization time. Our equipment mobizilation fee usually is $300.00, which gets the equipment to the job and off the job.

Supplier Delivery Fees. Most suppliers charge no less than $120.00 to deliver pavers and or wall block.

So far, right off the bat, you have racked up $420 in fees. Regardless if you're installing 50 SF or 786 SF.

$420 divided by 50 sf = $8.40 / sf. remember, thats solely for equipment mobilization and material delivery for a 50 sf job.

$420 divided by 786 sf = $0.53 / SF. Remember, thats solely for equipment mobilization and material deliver for a 786 sf job.

Here, i just showed a difference of $7.87 / SF, and we have not even broken ground for the pavement yet, or factored in drive time for both ways for each employee! :)

Lets not forget, that daily drive time for a 567 sf patio that is 18 miles away is the same daily drive time for an 87 sf walk that is 18 miles away

So, yeah it sounds like we're makin out really well. But all we're doin is accounting for each and every penny affiliated with the job at hand. And by the time you account for every angle possible - it adds up.

PSUturf
07-25-2006, 11:28 PM
We get $24-29 per sq. ft. depending on pattern and number of cuts. I sometimes can't believe we get that much but we have 3 paver crews that are booked solid for 5 weeks.

4seasonslandscape
07-29-2006, 02:15 AM
an excel sheet 5 years in the making with alot of experience lets me figure my bids. i put in square or ln feet, miles away from job and enter a number based on the number of problem areas at that site, steep slope, gate, so forth and out comes our bid. Its been a god send, but every winter i go back through the whole thing, which is a pita