PDA

View Full Version : Loading/Unloading Mini X

turfquip
07-24-2006, 07:44 AM
I now own a KX 41 mini. The owner's manual is a week late (it didn't arrive with the machine), which is probably just enough time to develop bad habits that could (potentially) void my warranty if something breaks.

What about loading the machine into a dumpster box that sits approximately 10 inches high... Does it damage an undercarriage to be tetering on an axis point momentarily when loading? Same scenario with trailer ramps...

Finally, is there an instructional website that focuses on safe operation of this machinery? Hillside operation, benching, etc.?

Thanks,

Ed

tylermckee
07-24-2006, 09:13 AM
I've never worried about it, but if you are worried about it just spin around and pick the back end up as you walk it into the box

Scag48
07-24-2006, 10:37 AM
I never thought about it, I don't think it's hard on the machine, but it's easy to see how it could be bad. I really have no idea, personally I'd walk it in, but like tyler said just put one end up in the box then spin around, level yourself out and walk yourself into the box while extending the stick.

Gravel Rat
07-24-2006, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't be worried about it. The only thing if you have rubber tracks you don't want to spin the tracks on the lip of the dumpster box. I don't know how tall the sides are on the bins your using but you may have to back in.

The one contractor I worked for had a couple chains attached to the front of the box they would back the machine up to the front of the box so the tracks are touching the front of the box. Tilt the blade up hook the chains so they have some slack in them. Usually there is two holes on the end of the blade to hook the chains to. Make sure they are even then tilt the blade down till the chains come tight and the way you go. That is with a 11,000lb Kubota mini it works good to haul the machine in a bin because the truck can go where a truck and trailer can't. It saves walking the machine long distances and it saves running a steel tracked machine down a hot asphalt driveway.

treadlite
07-24-2006, 08:39 PM
It won't hurt the undercarriage to load it this way.... just remember to use the bucket to slow the machine down as it breaks over so it doesn't slam down..... I haven't seen a site yet that offers instruction on how to operate a mini x, but on bobcat's site there's some good safety pointers in their video section....even the basics on how to load.....

turfquip
07-25-2006, 07:32 AM
Thanks everyone :)