PDA

View Full Version : Confussed about fall clean up.

MJK
07-26-2006, 08:19 PM
When you do a proposal for fall cleanup, i charge 35 dollars an hour for labor, now should i be charging that per person, or for both of us doing it per hour? Thanks for the clearification.

onthesidelawncare
07-26-2006, 08:23 PM
For 35 an hour I will have you come to my house and get my leaves. Most people charge between 45-60 an hour.

GBSLAND
07-26-2006, 08:43 PM
Depending on the customer, Its either $39 per MAN hour and $5 per 32 gallon garbage can full of leaves. So say you have 3 hour clean up with 12 cans, that is 9 man hours $351 and $60 for disposal, that totals out to $411 or you can do $150 for a three man crew and disposal. Not saying that a 3 hour clean up with three guys would be you typical clean up. Hope this helped you out.

Gary

Lux Lawn
07-26-2006, 08:50 PM
For 35 an hour I will have you come to my house and get my leaves. Most people charge between 45-60 an hour.

It all depends on what part of the country you live in,some place's are higher then others.

MJK
07-26-2006, 09:50 PM
What i'm asking is I'm charging 35 dollars per labor hour, now, should this number change if i have more then one person on the job? Or should i charge 35 labor hour per person on the job? Thanks

MJK
07-26-2006, 10:37 PM
Or if i have 3 people doing the job is it still 35 per Labor HOur?

Slcareco
07-26-2006, 10:38 PM
35 per hour per man!! No other way unless you want to be nice

Runner
07-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Well, let's think about this for a moment. If you charge 35 an hour for two guys, this is 17.50 per person per hour. You pay your guy 8.00 per hour, and you make 9.50 off of him. Now, you pay your taxes, S.S., unemployment, and workman's comp on him, and he now costs you 14-15 per hour. So, by the time you take the time to do the payroll and administrative tasks for his employment, and yu have broke even at best...in other words, you have made zip-zero-zilch for all the work you've put onto payroll.
Now, you were asking about 3 guys at 35 per hour? Now you are starting at about 11 dollars an hour. At this rate, it would COST you 4.00 per hour per man to run these guys. Here's an idea, how about if you just come and work for ME for 35 an hour.You can bring 3 of your friends. LOL
Now, seriously, to help you out....as you can see, the formula must work at 35 (and more) per man - per hour. Each guy you have working brings in that much....many times more, if equipment is running. I hope this helps.

dtelawncare
07-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Charge your rate per man hour. Please head this advice. When bidding a leaf clean up, make sure you figure in every thing. Observe how dry or damp the area is. I have burnt myself with this. I bidded this little job for a price. It rained the next two days. This made for a very long day. I did not figure in for the damp heavy leaves. Clean-ups will make or break you.

topsites
07-27-2006, 12:56 AM
What i'm asking is I'm charging 35 dollars per labor hour, now, should this number change if i have more then one person on the job? Or should i charge 35 labor hour per person on the job? Thanks

Sir, it is always pmh (per man hour), the 'per hour' term implies this thou it's not always obvious, so yes, two men = $35 pmh x 2 so long they both are working as hard and using equipment, etc, etc...

On an interesting side note, I don't advertise leaves so technically I don't do leaves but I only do leaf cleanups for regular customers who have been with me at least ALL year and even then I am selective as to whom I work for. Yes yes, someone else said it but I will rephrase: leaves will break you more than make you, so I make sure I do leaves only for people I like to work for (no offense but that way if I get took, I still get plenty po'd but it's not as bad, the anger burns but it doesn't explode).

sweatyclippingcoveredguy
07-27-2006, 01:33 AM
Sir, it is always pmh (per man hour), the 'per hour' term implies this thou it's not always obvious, so yes, two men = $35 pmh x 2 so long they both are working as hard and using equipment, etc, etc...

On an interesting side note, I don't advertise leaves so technically I don't do leaves but I only do leaf cleanups for regular customers who have been with me at least ALL year and even then I am selective as to whom I work for. Yes yes, someone else said it but I will rephrase: leaves will break you more than make you, so I make sure I do leaves only for people I like to work for (no offense but that way if I get took, I still get plenty po'd but it's not as bad, the anger burns but it doesn't explode).

Topsites rocks, whomever this fella is, He leaves good advice, "no pun intended", he has always left decisive, well informed advice that has set a standard for the industry. Hat's off to you, I'd buy you a beer if you were local. Yes, do cleanups for people who have proven financial stability towards you. Charge them whatever you feel the tumultuous labor of raking feels to you!!! Then add the cost of haul-out fees. No one else will do it for less. If so, F#*k them, let them do it. That is the code of the industry. Customers think you are hauling out debris, they do not think of you shoveling it off of your truck at 10pm, just to wake up and do it again.