PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

elmo1537
07-27-2006, 09:19 PM
I have a john deere 8875 skidsteer and today one of the pins on the quick attach plate did not engage and when we went to lift a white birch the one plate disconntected and put all of the weight on one side thus bending it so both plates wont connect. I know that the whole assembly is completely f###ed and i need to replace it. the question is does anyone know of a junkyard of sorts for skidsteers or something where i can buy a used plate rather than a new one. I have contacted not the dealer for a price yet but i can imagine that to replace the whole plate is not going to be cheap. Any help would be great

notoriousDUG
07-28-2006, 10:59 AM
You can heat and bend the plate to get it to fit properly again.

elmo1537
07-28-2006, 11:43 AM
actually it isnt the plate that bent it is the connecting pipe between the two plates. I got a quote from the dealer and i also talked to a couple of dismantlers out west and it is going to be cheaper to buy a new plate than buy and used one and pay 200 dollars to have it shipped to me. thanks anyways

notoriousDUG
07-29-2006, 10:07 PM
Heat the pipe, place a wedge between the boom and the side closest to the boom and tilt the 'bucket' back.

Not the best fix ever and a new one is better but if you need the machine 'right NOW' or funds are tight it works.