PDA

View Full Version : Help me select a mower please

josh2006
07-27-2006, 11:37 PM
I need a mower for my new house. Going to be mowing between 5-7 acres. Looking to get something 5500 or less. I dont really want a used mower. I have looked at several and all I have seen were still going to be 4000 or more and they had been abused and ran to hell. So for the price what would you suggest. I am considering the cub cadet z-force 60 inch which is built on the tank frame. Has smaller engine and a 11 gauge stamped deck versus the fabricated deck on the other tanks. I am open for other suggestions but unless you can point me to a used one that hasnt been ran like hell dont recommend used. I want something that looks nice when it cuts but it doesnt have to be the highest quality cut or even the absolute fastest. My main concern is something that is going to last preferrably 10 years or so.

Brendan Smith
07-28-2006, 12:23 PM
I need a mower for my new house. Going to be mowing between 5-7 acres. Looking to get something 5500 or less. I dont really want a used mower. I have looked at several and all I have seen were still going to be 4000 or more and they had been abused and ran to hell. So for the price what would you suggest. I am considering the cub cadet z-force 60 inch which is built on the tank frame. Has smaller engine and a 11 gauge stamped deck versus the fabricated deck on the other tanks. I am open for other suggestions but unless you can point me to a used one that hasnt been ran like hell dont recommend used. I want something that looks nice when it cuts but it doesnt have to be the highest quality cut or even the absolute fastest. My main concern is something that is going to last preferrably 10 years or so.
i would go with a USED exmark :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

seriously, have you considered hustler? i haven't owned one, but the ones i have driven have been outstanding. you might be able to find one for slightly over your range, but if you do a "hustler" search, you'll find out about their reputation for quality and durability. also check out the sponsor forums. good luck.

rider
07-28-2006, 12:26 PM
first you need to figure how much you want to spend. a commercial type mower is expensive, but will last a homeowner a very long time with proper care.

josh2006
07-28-2006, 01:01 PM
first you need to figure how much you want to spend. a commercial type mower is expensive, but will last a homeowner a very long time with proper care.

Looking to get something 5500 or less as stated above

DodgeTruckMan731
07-28-2006, 01:11 PM
go to a few dealers around you area, the hustlers are great built machines, 5500 maybe get a big hydro WB and put a sulky with the sit down attchment on it haha

upidstay
07-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Give Lesco a call. They eliminate the middle man when buying, so costs are alot lower than others. They make a nice, durable mower that delivers a consitent cut. Take care of it and it will last a homeowner a long time. A 52" hydro walk behind with a sulkie attachment will run under $4k. A new 60" Z is around $6k.

jkingrph
07-28-2006, 01:44 PM
Make sure whatever you buy has service available.

BobCat#1
07-28-2006, 02:07 PM
Cub Cadet is the way i'd go!

jeffinsgf
07-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Are you guys serious about riding a sulky for 7 acres? I'm not sure I am up for that long a chariot ride. ;)

lzrj
07-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Look at a Ferris 1500 with the 44" deck, it should be in that range. Also a Cub Cadet M50-KHS, its should suit a homeowners needs just fine as well but it's built a little better than a homeowner unit. You can usually save a few hunded more also if you pay cash. In my opionion, that price range is in the "catch 22" catagory. You can get a better mower with a smaller deck or you can get a lesser quality mower with a larger deck. Not sure you want to mow that many acres with a smaller deck. Another choice is a Hustler Fastrak. It's a smaller mower but most everyone that has one likes them. To get a true commerical unit with a 48" deck or larger its gong to cost you a minimum of $6,000.

DJL50
07-31-2006, 12:38 AM
I have the Toro Estate mower. 52" deck made from 7ga. steel and a 19HP Kaw motor. it is made for the home owner with a lot of grass to cut (around 15acrs or more) it is a commercial built mower, not a so called "Homeowners model", for the home owner if that makes sense. Purchased it new for $5,600. I like it a lot. I looked at the bigger units but they were just way too much mower for me.