PDA

View Full Version : Great Service

grassmeister
07-28-2006, 11:27 AM
It's very rare nowadays to get excellent customer service and support, so when it does happen, you want others to know about it. I got an Accelerator for my Ferris 1500z and had it mounted "professionally" by my Ferris dealer. They had done this before, but never for the 1500z. After messing up the installation and drilling extra holes in my deck, it still wasn't right. I brought it back a 2nd time and even after they made the necessary adjustments, the bagger barely cleared the rear tire of my mower. Plus, there was a gap at the bottom which allowed grass to escape, causing 1/2" streaks of grass on the lawn. This is after about 10 hours of work on it.

I mentioned this to Damon, a manager at Accelerator. After trying to help troubleshoot it over the phone and via email, he ended up sending me another catcher that would be better designed for my mower. It arrived a few days later and this one works much better. There was no quibbling, no blaming, just a great attitude of making sure the customer is happy. So I've confirmed all the great comments about their customer service and I would like to say thank you to them for their help in resolving my problem.

On another topic, I ended up making my own dust covers out of only 1 yard of fabric. I used 1/2" #8 screws and flat washers and they screw right into the holes of the catcher. I haven't tried it out yet, but I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work well. Total cost: about $16. Total time: < 1hr.