PDA

View Full Version : I wanted to get a Hustler FasTrak BUT,,,,,,,

tkcrabby
07-29-2006, 11:20 AM
The 52" cut Hustler FasTrak that I can afford has a single cylinder 20hp Kohler and when I first started compairing it to a few other ZTR's I thought it was a twin like all the others,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, how important is it to have a twin cylinder instead of a single cylinder in a 20 hp - 52" cut ZTR?

DJL50
07-31-2006, 12:26 AM
The 52" cut Hustler FasTrak that I can afford has a single cylinder 20hp Kohler and when I first started compairing it to a few other ZTR's I thought it was a twin like all the others,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, how important is it to have a twin cylinder instead of a single cylinder in a 20 hp - 52" cut ZTR?
I had a 17HP single cylinder Kaw I used for 15+ years. I now have a 19hp Kaw twin. The twin is ALOT smoother but thats about it. The single cyl never needed serviced in 15 years. (other than oil, plug, filter etc...) It would also back fire when turned off if I did not idle the engine down first.

cranesrule
07-31-2006, 01:43 AM
The twin is much smoother and somewhat quieter. It is definitely worth the money. However, the single Kohler is an excellent engine with a nice torque curve. If that's what you can afford, then that's what that model is there for - a price point. Don't hesitate to buy it if that's where your $$$ take you, but I would recommend one thing - SHOP AROUND. I got my 52" 20hp Honda for $4657. Before shopping around, I almost pulled the trigger on a $4700 Kohler. Just make sure you're getting a good deal and then enjoy your Fastrak!

tkcrabby
08-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Well, I ended up buying a Dixon Ram Mag with a 50" deck and a 20 hp Kohler Command Pro twin engine, it was priced at $4,450 PLUS 6% sales tax,,,,, I got it today for $4000 including tax.