PDA

View Full Version : Gehl/Mustang Mini Excavators

Dirty Water
07-29-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm doing some shopping still, and was browsing Iron Planet:

http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/140427?h=400%2F2%2CNewSearch

This Mustang is a total POS...I'm wondering if wear like this is common with Gehl/Mustang mini's, or if this one was abused horribly.

Fordsuvparts
07-29-2006, 11:08 PM
It appears that it was rode hard and put up wet every day it was ever used. It looks like it was never taken care, probably was not serviced when it needed it.

notoriousDUG
07-30-2006, 12:02 PM
I did not feel like registering but I have operated and worked on a couple of Gehl machines and they seemed well built and relativly trouble free.

Dirty Water
07-30-2006, 12:21 PM
I did not feel like registering but I have operated and worked on a couple of Gehl machines and they seemed well built and relativly trouble free.

Just to sum it up, 4 year old Mustang, 1300 hours:

The engine functioned during a limited check. The powertrain felt weak. The hydraulics did not respond well. The fiberglass and sheet metal have damage; the finish is fair. The main chassis components performed properly with moderate pivot point wear. The undercarriage ran out well; the track belts have wear and damage.

Doesn't give much testament to Mustangs reliability.

ksss
08-02-2006, 02:03 AM
Gehl/Mustang excavators are made in Austria I believe. I think it is an example of abuse rather than poor quality at least I would hope so. If you don't buy grease and keep up with preventive maintenance your excavator could look like that one no matter what brand it is.