PDA

View Full Version : Organic Pythium Control ???

neiltamc
07-29-2006, 08:57 PM
2 doses corn, coarse, then fine ground, another next week, 20# /1000, 3 weeks apart.
3 shots milk, 3 oz /1000, 2 weeks apart.
organic base fert, low N, memorial day, at suggested rate.
4.5 tested PH last fall, corrected by heavy lime last fall, 3/4 of suggested ap from test, will retest soon.
Field Hockey field , 1/2 yellow, or dead, will be tough playing surface for September (2 3/4" cut height, needs to be shorter for actual play, 1 1/2").
Fought Pyth last 2 yrs w/ fung after field renovated.
Contractor started fung program to control damping off, seeded in low areas,
I'm done with fung.
This is 1st year organic.
some localized dry spots (dust), under thick tight thatch.
Soils otherwise moist, not irrigating, rain has been sufficient and timely, 1"+ week apart till now, soil probe easy to 6" plus, cept at dry spots.
This is just that first year glitch, right?
give it time? reseed?
accepting all advice
Southwest Ct.

crab
07-29-2006, 09:19 PM
oh dude that sucks.we operate 90% organic.but pythium is inate in all soil,released by high humidity,excessive moisture'vigorously growing grass.i have tried every thing you said ,they only thing that works organically is to stop!all watering now,and resume in the fall ,or you will lose everything.conversely if you spray it with metaxidall[close spelling i hope]you should be able to halt it and not lose what you already have.and for future reference if you want to operate 100%organic never ever seed between may 15 sep 15 again.best off luck.

neiltamc
07-29-2006, 09:25 PM
I'm not irrigating, its been raining, pouring, inches at a shot, about once each week, thought that was good, once a week, deeply,
soil moisture does not seem excessive,still crumbly, tough to control rain, night dew.:confused:

crab
07-29-2006, 09:52 PM
well to make a long story short [please don't take this the wrong way, its been crazy rain here in the northeast all season]but you're fuc#$%^&.and do not add more nitrogen this is not red thread or leaf spot ,were you can just grow it out.if for some reason you think i;m full of shi&^ i suggest you contact u mass stockbridge agg,they have great people working for a good cause.I'm not good with the computer,but i would be happy to talk to you if you know how ,IE email or phone .

neiltamc
07-29-2006, 10:44 PM
double post

neiltamc
07-29-2006, 10:45 PM
vineyard haven ma., maybe I come up there for a week or two and we talk this out over a couple beers on da beach.
Yeah , it has been raining.
n ;)

crab
07-30-2006, 12:41 AM
ahh yes beer beech sounds sweet.thats all we do here you know,its the good life.people with billion dollar houses certainly don't want enviro friendly lawn & garden care.they are still assho@#$%^&*though.and during August iv had just about enough .feel free to contact me and arrange you're free lawn seminar.the deposit is small at only 600$per person.:hammerhead: :waving: :dizzy: :canadaflag: say buddy youre not Canadian are you?.best of luck buddddy.

neiltamc
07-30-2006, 09:08 AM
father is quebecois,
mother ukraine,
makin me a hybred mutt born Bridgeport Ct. USA:usflag:
now about that free $600 deposit...