PDA

View Full Version : bidding questions

siyaltrduc
07-31-2006, 09:41 PM
I am kind of a newbie to the bidding war. I can do the projects but am having some difficulty being competitive with the bidding. How does one charge for installs on a plant bed or if someone would like some bushes or flowers planted. Second question is how much should I charge for a 10x14 patio on relatively flat ground?

tthomass
07-31-2006, 11:53 PM
oh my..............general rule: cost x2 or 2.5, after a few you'll learn wehre you need to be

patio...........depends, what kind of patio

siyaltrduc
08-01-2006, 11:48 PM
yeah, I am learning kind of quick but usually learning too late, after the bid. Let's just say its like a cobble stone paver patio.

tthomass
08-02-2006, 02:09 AM
$15 square foot should be close........anybody else from Raleigh?

siyaltrduc
08-02-2006, 08:05 AM
Ok atleast I have something to work off of now. Thanks, for the info.

cedarcroft
08-02-2006, 09:32 AM
my friend who does mostly flat work says that when starting out doing flat work to add up all material costs and add $10-12 per sq ft for your labor. he swears you can't get hurt doing that and it will give you a base to go off of on your next jobs. in other words, you can figure out how much you made (or lost!!) and then adjust accordingly on the next job.
Of course it all depends on your overhead and the market price in your area. and other factors like access etc.