PDA

View Full Version : Selling Trailer

Lawntime Mowers
08-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Anybody close to Kansas City MO looking to buy a new utility trailer.
I had this one built for me and turns out I'm not going to use it.

It's a heavy duty 8X10
All steel floor
Single Axel (3900)
15" GoodYear tires.
5000 lb tung jack
4' gate with chain locks

I'm going to list this on e-bay soon if nobody on lawnsite is looking for one.
I did not get a title or license for this one so you'll have to apply for a builders title and license.
I'm asking a firm $1200.00
I don't want to loose to much since I never used it even once.
I didn't have it painted so you'll have to paint it what ever color you want.

Lawntime Mowers
08-01-2006, 10:33 PM
More Photos

ALarsh
08-01-2006, 11:57 PM
$1200 for that POS? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

grassmanak
08-02-2006, 12:00 AM
$1200 for that POS? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

bwbwbaagagaa, when did you have it built???

the 60's

Lawntime Mowers
08-02-2006, 12:46 AM
Was built with all new parts March 2006.
It's been siting out in the rain without paint since March so it has a build up of rust over everything.

Raven386
08-02-2006, 01:00 AM
if you get 1200 for that... i better get like 2500 for mine. and btw i have a Carry-On 6X14 Tandem Axle 7000GVWR used maybe a dozen or so times. brand new still... i paid 2500 and want to get rid of it for atleast 2K i live in CT but would be willing to meet half way or deliver if close enough. PM me if your intrested.

notoriousDUG
08-02-2006, 08:30 AM
Um... I really hate to be 'that guy' about this but...

That is a very high price for a 'home built' trailer. Around where I live you can get a tandem axle car hauler with 2 axle brakes and new tires for around 22-2500. a open landscape trailer is even less. This is for a painted trailer with a conventional axle layour and quality lights. used that same trailer in great shape is going to be 11-1500

While there is nothing wrong wiht your trailer or it's lay out the lack of paint and unusual axle layout really hurt your price.

muddstopper
08-02-2006, 06:51 PM
First thing one would have to do to that trailer is move the axle forward to get correct load balance. The way it is setup with the axle all the way to the rear is going to place to much weight on the tongue and it will pull like crap. Otherwise, a little paint and its a good looking trailer, but I can buy one of the same or similar size for less money new. I do like the way the fenders where incorporated into the bed.

Ben@speedbarn
08-03-2006, 02:47 PM
You should incorporate the tailights in the hole at the back of the fender for protection. They are in a dangerous place right now.

THEGOLDPRO
08-03-2006, 03:09 PM
yeah good luck with that:rolleyes:

REALSLOW
08-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Sold send me a PM with PH #.

ALarsh
08-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Sold send me a PM with PH #.
Are you F'IN serious?

Why not buy a brand new name brand 6.5X12 painted for that price, Not some trailer joe shome put together.

Palmer'sLS
08-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Are you F'IN serious?

Why not buy a brand new name brand 6.5X12 painted for that price, Not some trailer joe shome put together.

i think it would be a good trailer...id like to see you try to make one that is as nicely built as that....

ALarsh
08-04-2006, 12:00 AM
i think it would be a good trailer...id like to see you try to make one that is as nicely built as that....
I'm not saying I can make one, but I can sure as hell take my $1200 and buy a proven name brand trailer that will stand behind their product.

Dano50
08-04-2006, 11:28 AM
It's been siting out in the rain without paint since March so it has a build up of rust over everything.
If you'd coated it with Fluid Film (http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com) it wouldn't have rusted and you probably would get (see quote below)$1200 for that POS? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Palmer'sLS
08-04-2006, 11:44 AM
If you'd coated it with Fluid Film (http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com) it wouldn't have rusted and you probably would get (see quote below)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:....now that is a good salesman

Lawntime Mowers
08-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Lol, this really cracks me upÖ. I had no idea the trailer police would be hanging out on lawnsite.
I am simply trying to sell a trailer, not ask for opinions.

OK, Iíll clear up a few things.
Could somebody build this trailer for $1200.00 ÖYES.
Could you call a trailer builder and have it built for $1200.00 Ö.HELL NO!
Why are the tires at the end and not the center??? It was built to have a heavy-duty truck take a big part of the load at the front. It is not designed to pull with a VW Bus.
This is not an average 6 X 12 lawn trailer. Itís EIGHT FEET WIDE by TEN FEET LONG. With a solid STEEL floor and heavy-duty cross bracing.

Iím not trying to rip off anybody. Iím just offering this to Lawnsite people before I list it on e-bay. For those of you that think itís a POSÖThatís great, Iím glad you found your calling as the Lawnsite trailer police.

ALarsh
08-04-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm part of the Lawnsite Trailer Police Squad. SWWAAAEEETT!!!:drinkup:

REALSLOW
08-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Lol, this really cracks me upÖ. I had no idea the trailer police would be hanging out on lawnsite.
I am simply trying to sell a trailer, not ask for opinions.

Why are the tires at the end and not the center??? It was built to have a heavy-duty truck take a big part of the load at the front. It is not designed to pull with a VW Bus.
This is not an average 6 X 12 lawn trailer. Itís EIGHT FEET WIDE by TEN FEET LONG. With a solid STEEL floor and heavy-duty cross bracing.

Iím not trying to rip off anybody. Iím just offering this to Lawnsite people before I list it on e-bay. For those of you that think itís a POSÖThatís great, Iím glad you found your calling as the Lawnsite trailer police. Can you sell me that mower along with the trailer, I will list my Super Z on ebay tonight!

Lawntime Mowers
08-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Can you sell me that mower along with the trailer, I will list my Super Z on ebay tonight!

Sorry??? I don't have a mower for sale at this time.

REALSLOW
08-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Sorry??? I don't have a mower for sale at this time. Isn't that a cub? Which model?, they are my favorite mower.

Lawntime Mowers
08-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Isn't that a cub? Which model?, they are my favorite mower.

It's the Cub Z-Wing in the photo.
The one that cut's 48" and fold up to 35.5" so you can get threw standard gate with a 48" rider.

REALSLOW
08-04-2006, 09:07 PM
It's the Cub Z-Wing in the photo.
The one that cut's 48" and fold up to 35.5" so you can get threw standard gate with a 48" rider.Those are some tough mowers aren't they. I was looking at the tank Cub and I have never seen a machine made so well.

Lawntime Mowers
08-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Those are some tough mowers aren't they. I was looking at the tank Cub and I have never seen a machine made so well.

Ya...I was gonna get the Tank 60 but the Z-Wing worked a little better for my current needs.
I would love to have the Tank 60 or 72 but most of my current yards just aren't big enough to warrant this much of a cut.
The Z-Wing is smoking fast and gets the job done quick.
I'm gonna pick up a Toro hydro 36" WB to add to the collection next season.
So the Tank's will have to wait yet another year.

muddstopper
08-06-2006, 04:31 PM

Actually, I am pretty sure I can build that trailer for $1200. I just dont know why I would choose to build it in the manner that this one is constructed. And I dont pull with a whimmy VW bus. I use 1 tons and 4500 series trucks, and I still wouldnt place the axle at the rear of the trailer. Which is the only real flaw I see with the trailer. Around here that trailer might fetch $500 tops. Sorry if you got burnt, but you asked for opinons, cant help it if you didnt like what you heard.

Lawntime Mowers
08-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Actually, I am pretty sure I can build that trailer for $1200. I just dont know why I would choose to build it in the manner that this one is constructed. And I dont pull with a whimmy VW bus. I use 1 tons and 4500 series trucks, and I still wouldnt place the axle at the rear of the trailer. Which is the only real flaw I see with the trailer. Around here that trailer might fetch $500 tops. Sorry if you got burnt, but you asked for opinons, cant help it if you didnt like what you heard.

As I said before...YES....you can build it for $1200.00
Hire some one to build it for $1200.00... NO.
I would drive to your part of the country to buy all my trailers if they are selling that cheap. (Really!) I'm looking for two or three trailers to add to the collection , so if they are giving them away, please let me know where you are. I'll pack up a few trucks and come get trailers.

Since you bring it up, I still can't find one single post that I asked for anybodies opinion.

I hope this thread dies now. The trailer won't be for sale much longer.

Howie's Lawn Care
08-07-2006, 08:10 PM
I know you didn't ask for opinions, but you also didn't post it in the FOR SALE forum. In my opinion, it would probably fit in my room pretty well if I took down my eastern wall. I've always wanted a trailer in my room for storing stuff on, and when I leave, I can just hook it up to my truck. I would store HotPackets, paper, seashells, syran wrap, and other things like that. Hell, I might even put a Segway on it given the opportunity. I'd try to get the one George W recked since it would be cheaper than buying new, I hope. I want one with an inline 4 cyclinder diesel.

coney12
08-07-2006, 09:31 PM
ill give you $100 dollars for your scrap metal

Dirty Water
08-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Putting that axle there is a stupid idea regardless of how strong the truck is.

You want the load to be balanced period. A tongue heavy trailer will tow like crap and make a truck harder to steer, regardless of the size of the truck.

Who designed this? A actual trailer shop, or some hack welder?

South Florida Lawns
08-08-2006, 06:22 PM
thats a pretty neat little trailer, seen a few around here but not as solid looking.

I was just wondering if you can load a mower on it with out it being hooked to the car? Kinda like a fast load trailer, unhitch it lower the gate and the front lifts, drive on and it levels out. That would be cool, it kinda looks like it would with the axle pivoting at the back.

dvmcmrhp52
08-08-2006, 06:36 PM
You cannot have a gross of 3900 lbs on a single axle trailer, 3500 is max and that is WITH brakes on the axle.

muddstopper
08-08-2006, 09:42 PM
For good $1200 single axel trailers you can try Sthol. Anderson, Hooper and Proformance in my area. I gave $1200 for my Hopper 8x16 double axle 7000 lb trailer and I bought it new from a dealer, not a hack shop. Its also built with 5 inch heavy channel.

Enough already.

muddstopper
08-08-2006, 09:47 PM
You cannot have a gross of 3900 lbs on a single axle trailer, 3500 is max and that is WITH brakes on the axle.

Hate to disagree, but you can have more than 3500lbs on a one axle trailer. In NC you can load 20,000lbs per axle, as long as the tires are rated for the load, which would mean dual wheels, and of course tags and such.